What is Advanced Mac Cleaner
Advanced Mac Cleaner is rogue Mac optimization program, that provides false scan results in order to make users purchase the program. It shows users alerts and pop-ups messages saying, that their Mac has severe issues and/or viruses. Advanced Mac Cleaner has quality design and looks like many others programs of this type. Although, application, obviously, uses misleading tactics to promote itself and forces users to buy it, most antiviruses cannot detect Advanced Mac Cleaner. As most of applications for Mac, you can remove Advanced Mac Cleaner by dragging its icon from Applications folder to Trash, however, in this case, you will leave residual data and possibility of further infections. Follow instructions below to uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner completely.
How Advanced Mac Cleaner infected your Mac
Advanced Mac Cleaner can infiltrate Mac along with free applications. Setup wizards of such applications prompt you to install additional software to enhance Mac performance or browsing experience, and if you accept or skip offer, install unwanted programs or browser adware in Safari on Mac OSX. Use special removal tool to remove Advanced Mac Cleaner and protect your Mac machine in the future.
Download Advanced Mac Cleaner Removal Tool for Mac
To remove Advanced Mac Cleaner completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMac3. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of Advanced Mac Cleaner and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Advanced Mac Cleaner removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Advanced Mac Cleaner installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner from Applications
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- Advanced Mac Cleaner might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner or Advanced Mac Cleaner Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag Advanced Mac Cleaner from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner
If you can’t uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of Advanced Mac Cleaner. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag Advanced Mac Cleaner from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with Advanced Mac Cleaner.
- Click Delete button.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner add-on from your browsers
Removing Advanced Mac Cleaner from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Advanced Mac Cleaner extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find Advanced Mac Cleaner extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Advanced Mac Cleaner extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Advanced Mac Cleaner extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like Advanced Mac Cleaner
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.