What is Advanced Mac Cleaner
Advanced Mac Cleaner is rogue Mac optimization program, that provides false scan results in order to make users purchase the program. It shows users alerts and pop-ups messages saying, that their Mac has severe issues and/or viruses. Advanced Mac Cleaner has quality design and looks like many others programs of this type. Although, application, obviously, uses misleading tactics to promote itself and forces users to buy it, most antiviruses cannot detect Advanced Mac Cleaner. As most of applications for Mac, you can remove Advanced Mac Cleaner by dragging its icon from Applications folder to Trash, however, in this case, you will leave residual data and possibility of further infections. Follow instructions below to uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner completely.
How Advanced Mac Cleaner infected your Mac
Advanced Mac Cleaner can infiltrate Mac along with free applications, ads and pop-ups in browsers. Setup wizards of such applications prompt you to install additional software to enhance Mac performance or browsing experience, and if you accept or skip offer, install unwanted programs or browser adware in Safari on Mac OSX. Use special removal tool to remove Advanced Mac Cleaner and protect your Mac machine in the future.
Download Advanced Mac Cleaner Removal Tool for Mac
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner manually for free
Note: Advanced Mac Cleaner sets up to start on Mac OS startup. Therefore, before starting removal, perform these steps:
- Open System Preferences, choose Users & Groups.
- Choose your account (set up as Current User).
- Click Login Items tab.
- Find “Advanced Mac Cleaner” entry. Select it, and click the “-“ (minus) button to remove it.
Note 2: Advanced Mac Cleaner won’t quit just by closing it, therefor use Force Quit to end the process.
- Press 3 buttons at the same time: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). This is similar to Control-Alt-Delete on a Windows PC.
- Choose Advanced Mac Cleaner in the list.
- Click Force Quit button.
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Advanced Mac Cleaner removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Advanced Mac Cleaner installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner from Applications
Remove Advanced Mac Cleaner from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- Advanced Mac Cleaner might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner or Advanced Mac Cleaner Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag Advanced Mac Cleaner from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner
If you can’t uninstall Advanced Mac Cleaner using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of Advanced Mac Cleaner. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag Advanced Mac Cleaner from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with Advanced Mac Cleaner.
- Click Delete button.
Remove following files and folders of Advanced Mac Cleaner
~/Library/Application Support/Advanced Mac Cleaner
~/Library/Logs/Advanced Mac Cleaner.log
Download AdGuard for Mac to block malicious pop-ups, that promote Advanced Mac Cleaner
AdGuard is the best ad-blocker, internet filtering and internet security application for MacOS. It can cut out unwanted banners from site pages, block pop-ups, stop redirects and prevent users from visiting potentially dangerous resources. Use it to stop ads promoting Advanced Mac Cleaner in browsers.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like Advanced Mac Cleaner
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.