What is Always Weather
Always Weather is deceptive browser extension for Google Chrome, that is actually ad-supported weather forecast add-on. There are many weather forecasting websites, legit programs and applications available online. To make its way to users computers Always Weather uses stealth installation techniques in a bundle with freeware. This potentially unwanted program tracks users internet activity, and displays advertisements based on browsing habits and visited websites. This facts make Always Weather annoying adware and many users asked us to create removal guide. We made a research and in this article you can learn how to remove Always Weather from various versions of Windows and browsers.
How Always Weather infected your PC
Always Weather can be installed by user in 2 ways – from its official website alwaysweather.net and from Google Chrome store. As there not so many people willing to install malware on their PC, that is why Always Weather distributes via freeware installation packages. There are thousands of free applications for Windows and Mac, that may distribute potentially unwanted application like Always Weather. Unfortunately, popular antiviruses cannot detect and remove such threats, due to their nature. However, there are special type of security software called anti-malware, that targets such threats. SpyHunter and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware are among the best in this class and both are able to remove Always Weather completely.
Download Always Weather Removal Tool for Windows
To remove Always Weather from Windows completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Always Weather and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Download Always Weather Removal Tool for Mac
To remove Always Weather from Mac completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMac3. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of Always Weather and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove Always Weather manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Always Weather removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Always Weather installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Note: Always Weather can be installed as Google Chrome extension as Administrator (you may see Installed by enterprise policy inscription near it), and this will not allow removal. Therefore, before starting removal process, perform these actions:
- Start the Command Prompt by clicking the Start menu button and typing command prompt (or just searching for “command prompt” in Windows 10 search field). Right click on the Command Prompt result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type in and execute the following commands:
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"
Remove Always Weather from Control Panel
To start removing Always Weather you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Always Weather from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Always Weather.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Always Weather from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Always Weather and click Uninstall.
Remove Always Weather from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Always Weather, click Uninstall.
Remove Always Weather from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Always Weather from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Always Weather in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Always Weather in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Always Weather
In some cases Always Weather won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Always Weather. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Always Weather folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 4 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Always Weather in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Always Weather
Remove Always Weather add-on from your browsers
Removing Always Weather from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Always Weather extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Always Weather extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Always Weather extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Always Weather from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Always Weather, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Always Weather.
Generally, Always Weather does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Always Weather extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Always Weather files:
Always Weather folders:
C:\Program Files\Always Weather\
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Always Weather
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Always Weather. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.