What is blockZ Ransomware
blockZ has shown evident traits of ransomware infections. This type of malware is designed to encrypt system-stored data and demand victims to pay money for its decryption. This ransomware does the same using its own extension (
.blockZ) to modify file appearance. To illustrate, a file named
1.pdf will change to
1.pdf.blockZ and lose its original icon. After this, users will no longer be able to access their data. Cybercriminals explain how victims can fix this through the How To Restore Your Files.txt text note.
All your important files are encrypted!
There is only one way to get your files back:
1. Contact with us
2. Send us 1 any encrypted your file and your personal key
3. We will decrypt 1 file for test(maximum file size - 1 MB), its guarantee what we can decrypt your files
5. We send for you decryptor software
We accept Bitcoin
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price(they add their fee to our)
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal id:
It says victims have one possible way to decrypt the data – contact ransomware developers and pay some amount of ransom in Bitcoin (not specified in the note) to get a unique decryption tool. In addition, victims are allowed to test the decryption abilities of cybercriminals’ software by sending 1 encrypted file and getting it back fully accessible for free. It is also said that neglecting instructions may lead to permanent data loss and extra financial costs. As mentioned, the exact amount of ransom is kept secret until victims contact developers. What is more, ransomware creators may orchestrate the price for decryption depending on the importance of blocked data. Alas, there is no third-party tool that could succeed in decrypting blockZ files without risk of damage. The best circumvention to return your data without paying the ransom is to recover it using backup copies. If you do not have this option available and would like to try third-party tools nonetheless, it is then recommended to copy encrypted files in case they get damaged. Before trying any recovery methods without the help of cybercriminals, it is important to delete the virus and stop its malicious activity. Do this in our guide below.
How blockZ Ransomware infected your computer
- Download blockZ Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .blockZ files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like blockZ Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove blockZ Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of blockZ Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove blockZ Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of blockZ Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
blockZ Ransomware files:
How To Restore Your Files.txt
blockZ Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .blockZ files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .blockZ files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .blockZ files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with blockZ Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .blockZ files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like blockZ Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. blockZ Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.