What is Catered to You
Catered to You by Yontoo Technology Inc is deceptive application and browser add-on that promises to enhance your browsing experience. On their website Catered to You states that program will display best prices deals, discounts on goods users search online. Catered to You is categorized as adware and unwanted app because of inappropriate and spam-level advertising and stealth installation. App also collects private data and information about users behavior online. It is strongly recommended to remove Catered to You and I wrote down all needed steps to clean your system from this threat.
How Catered to You infected your PC
Catered to You way of installation can also be called deceptive. Catered to You installs using bad software marketing method called “bundling” – hidden installation of third party programs with the legal software. Don’t be in a rush when installing any new program on your PC. Make sure to decline promotion offers from various “downloaders”, “games add-ons” or any other type of programs. There also class of programs that can protect you from adware like Catered to You. SpyHunter 5 antimalware can remove Catered to You from Windows computers and protect you from bundled installations in future.
Download Catered to You Removal Tool
To remove Catered to You completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Catered to You and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Catered to You manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Catered to You removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Catered to You installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Catered to You from Control Panel
To start removing Catered to You you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Catered to You from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Catered to You.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Catered to You from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Catered to You and click Uninstall.
Remove Catered to You from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Catered to You, click Uninstall.
Remove Catered to You from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Catered to You from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Catered to You in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Catered to You in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Catered to You
In some cases Catered to You won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Catered to You. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Catered to You folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall Catered to You in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Catered to You
>> See detailed instructions and video tutorial on how to boot in Safe Mode
Remove Catered to You add-on from your browsers
Removing Catered to You from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Catered to You extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Catered to You extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Catered to You extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Catered to You from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Catered to You, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Catered to You.
Generally, Catered to You does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Catered to You or Catered to You 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Catered to You files:
Catered to You folders:
C:\ProgramData\Catered to You
C:\Program Files\Catered to You
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Catered to You
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Catered to You. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.