What is Clean My Chrome
Clean My Chrome is another malicious add-on for Google Chrome, that displays annoying ads, banners, pop-ups. It is advertised as tool to clean browsing history and cookies to make Google Chrome faster. However, even novice users know, that this can be done using standard browser menu, without installation of additional software. Clean My Chrome infiltrates computers in a bundle with freeware. Advertisements generated by this malware overlay websites and may not be related to site’s content. Clean My Chrome tracks users online activity to show targeted ads. We recommend you to remove Clean My Chrome extension from Chrome in Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
How Clean My Chrome infected your PC
Adware like Clean My Chrome distributes via bundled installation with free software installers, downloaders. Users can infect PC by downloading software or files from public file storage websites, download archives. Antivirus programs cannot effectively protect computer from threats like Clean My Chrome. It is classified as potentially unwanted program and we recommend using special tools to remove it. SpyHunter Anti-Malware can detect and remove all files, folders and registry keys of Clean My Chrome and eliminate browser add-ons.
Download Clean My Chrome Removal Tool for Windows
To remove Clean My Chrome from Windows completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Clean My Chrome and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Clean My Chrome manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Clean My Chrome removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Clean My Chrome installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Note: Clean My Chrome can be installed as Google Chrome extension as Administrator (you may see Installed by enterprise policy inscription near it), and this will not allow removal. Therefore, before starting removal process, perform these actions:
- Start the Command Prompt by clicking the Start menu button and typing command prompt (or just searching for “command prompt” in Windows 10 search field). Right click on the Command Prompt result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type in and execute the following commands:
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"
Remove Clean My Chrome from Control Panel
To start removing Clean My Chrome you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use Revo Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Clean My Chrome from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Clean My Chrome.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Clean My Chrome from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Clean My Chrome and click Uninstall.
Remove Clean My Chrome from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Clean My Chrome, click Uninstall.
Remove Clean My Chrome from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Clean My Chrome from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Clean My Chrome in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Clean My Chrome in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Clean My Chrome
In some cases Clean My Chrome won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Clean My Chrome. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Clean My Chrome folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 4 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Clean My Chrome in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Clean My Chrome
Remove Clean My Chrome add-on from your browsers
Removing Clean My Chrome from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Clean My Chrome extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Clean My Chrome extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Clean My Chrome extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Clean My Chrome from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Clean My Chrome, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Clean My Chrome.
Generally, Clean My Chrome does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Clean My Chrome extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Clean My Chrome files:
Clean My Chrome folders:
C:\Program Files\Clean My Chrome\
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Clean My Chrome
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Clean My Chrome. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.