What is CryLock Ransomware
CryLock Ransomware literally forces users to cry about their data that has been encrypted after sudden penetration. Being a variation of Cryakl Ransomware, this is one of the viruses of such type that uses cryptographic algorithms to ensure strong encryption and demand paying a ransom. Unlike other ransomware, that use one mutual extension for each file, this specific program assigns a new name to affected files that consist of cybercriminal’s e-mail, victim’s personal ID, and random three-digits extension. For instance, non-infected 1.mp4 will be retitled to 1.mp4[grand@horsef***er.org][512064768-1578909375].ycs, 2.mp4[grand@horsef***er.org][512064768-1578909375].wkm, and similarly. Some victims experienced a change like this 1.mp4[firstname.lastname@example.org][sel1].[7478ECA4-42759A9D]. Once the process has finished, CryLock will display a window in front of victims that contains ransom details.
Price is raised! Your files have been encrypted... Price is raised!Your files will be lost after
All your documents, databases, backups and other important files have been encrypted due to a security problem with your PC. The only way to recover files is to purchase a unique private decryption key. If you want to recover files, write to us by e-mail: grand@horsef***er.org with the following details:
You unique ID [512064768-1578909375] [copy] The price depends on how fast you write to us, on timers you can see how many time do you have before price increasing. After payment we will send you the tool that will decrypt all your files. In case of no answer in 24 hours write us to this e-mail: email@example.com [copy] Any guarantees?
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption. The total size of files must be less than 5Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information. (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.)
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
Use trusted email clients (gmail.com, protonmail.com, aol.com, etc.) for communication; sometimes your letters do not reach us from corporate letters.
Communication with us lasts 2-4 weeks, then we block mail for communication
Your ID [512064768-1578909375] [copy] Write to grand@horsef***er.org [copy]
Extortionists claim that the price depends on how fast you respond to their message. To recover your files, you have to establish communication via e-mail and buy the decryption key (presumably in BTC). Often times, manual decryption does contribute to recovering files. Instead, you should use our guide to delete it from your PC and try to decrypt your data.
How CryLock Ransomware infected your computer
- Download CryLock Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for your files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like CryLock Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove CryLock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of CryLock Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove CryLock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of CryLock Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
CryLock Ransomware files:
CryLock Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore your files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt your files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of your files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with CryLock Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore your files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like CryLock Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. CryLock Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.