What is Customer Promos
Customer Promos by Yontoo Technology Inc is advertising browser extension designed for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. After installation, Customer Promos starts creating advertisements in form of banners, pop-ups, highlighted text in browsers. Ads are signed as “Ads by Customer Promos”, “Related Search by Customer Promos”, “powered by Customer Promos” or just “Customer Promos ads”. Those ads are not related with the content of the web page they are shown on. Sometimes advertisements are inserted into Google search and look like Google ads. This pop-ups may be harmful as they track your online activity and promote untrusted software and goods. We recommend you to remove Customer Promos and wrote guide to remove Customer Promos from Windows.
How Customer Promos infected your PC
Customer Promos is distributed via free software. Many free programs offer so called bundled installers, that install adware, search engines, registry cleaners along with initial installation. Usually this is used in downloaders, media converters, archivers and many other popular types of programs. To prevent this users need to look carefully through all the steps of installation process and decline any third-party offers. You can use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to protect your PC from adware and bundled installations. Use SpyHunter 5 to remove Customer Promos from browsers and computer.
Download Customer Promos Removal Tool
To remove Customer Promos completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Customer Promos and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Customer Promos manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Customer Promos removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Customer Promos installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Customer Promos from Control Panel
To start removing Customer Promos you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Customer Promos from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Customer Promos.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Customer Promos from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Customer Promos and click Uninstall.
Remove Customer Promos from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Customer Promos, click Uninstall.
Remove Customer Promos from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Customer Promos from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Customer Promos in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Customer Promos in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Customer Promos
In some cases Customer Promos won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Customer Promos. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Customer Promos folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall Customer Promos in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Customer Promos
Remove Customer Promos add-on from your browsers
Removing Customer Promos from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Customer Promos extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Customer Promos extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Customer Promos extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Customer Promos from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Customer Promos, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Customer Promos.
Generally, Customer Promos does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Customer Promos or Customer Promos 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Customer Promos files:
Customer Promos folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Customer Promos
C:\Program Files\Customer Promos
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Customer Promos
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Customer Promos. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.