What is Darj Ransomware
Darj Ransomware is a prevalent encryption virus and blackmailer, that targets valuable personal files. Belongs to STOP/Djvu malware group. After infection and data encoding hackers start extorting the ransom. There have been more than 600 versions of the ransomware, each version gets slightly modified to circumvent the protection, but main footprints remain the same. The malware uses AES-256 in CFB mode. Shortly after launch, the STOP family cryptographer executable connects to C&C, retrieves the encryption key and infection ID for the victim’s PC. Data is transmitted over simple HTTP in the form of JSON. If C&C is not available (the PC is not connected to the Internet, the server itself is not working), the cryptographer uses the hard-coded key and ID in it and performs offline encryption. In this case, you can decrypt the files without paying a ransom. Variations of STOP Ransomware can be distinguished from each other by ransom notes and extensions it adds to encrypted files. For STOP Ransomware under research today, extension is: .darj. The ransom note file _readme.txt is presented below in the text box and picture. In the article below we explain how to remove Darj Ransomware completely and ways to decrypt or restore .darj files.
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Malefactors demand a $980 fee for decryption (or $490 if paid in 72 hours). As can be expected from criminals, they do not always send the decryption key. There are only a few cases, where victims were able to return their files this way. First of all, you need to remove the infection, as it will detect and prevent your attempts to decrypt the files. Use anti-malware programs below or any famous updated antivirus. Once, the virus is removed you can try STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft, the most comprehensive utility to break Darj Ransomware encryption to date. All standard Windows features to restore files are worth trying, although threat technically reduces the prospects of a successful outcome. The final step is using file-recovery software. The experience shows, that this can be a workaround, that helps to return the information at least partially. Stellar Data Recovery Professional is one of the best file-recovery tools and, if used properly, may recover copies and duplicates of encrypted files, that were removed prior to infection. The only option for a successful 100% recovery is existing backups. We recommend going through the tutorial below carefully and remove Darj Ransomware and decrypt .darj files. If you won’t succeed in decryption today, keep encrypted files on your for possible decryption in the future.
How Darj Ransomware infected your computer
Darj Ransomware, being a variant of STOP/Djvu ransomware, is a type of malware that encrypts the victim’s files and demands a ransom payment in exchange for the decryption key. The malware spreads through various means, including:
- Spam emails: Cybercriminals often use spam emails to distribute Darj Ransomware. The emails contain malicious attachments, such as fake invoices, resumes, and shipping notifications, which when clicked, download and install the ransomware on the victim’s computer.
- Software cracks: Another common way that Darj Ransomware infects computers is through software cracks or illegal activation tools. Cybercriminals bundle the ransomware with pirated software, making it difficult for victims to detect the malware.
- Malicious websites: Some websites contain malicious code that can automatically download and install Darj Ransomware on the victim’s computer. Cybercriminals use various techniques, such as drive-by downloads, to infect the victim’s computer.
- Exploits: Darj Ransomware can also spread through software vulnerabilities. Cybercriminals exploit security flaws in popular software programs, such as Adobe Flash Player, to infect the victim’s computer.
- Download Darj Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .darj files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Darj Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Darj Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Darj Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Darj Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Darj Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Darj Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Darj Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Darj Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Darj Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Darj Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Darj Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Darj Ransomware files:
Darj Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .darj files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.darj variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .darj files, encrypted by Darj Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .darj files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Darj Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .darj files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .darj
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Darj Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Darj Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.