What is Encrpt3d Ransomware
Encrpt3d (a.k.a WhiteBlackCrypt) is classified as a malicious program that targets monetary benefit by encrypting personal data. Ransomware might be the most dangerous malware that can get on your system. Its main purpose is to block access to important files and extort money from desperate users (or companies) that want to decrypt their data. Encrpt3d does exactly the same, it encrypts various kinds of data appending the .encrpt3d extension to each file. For example, a file like
1.pdf will be infected and change to
1.pdf.encrpt3d. Thereafter, Encrpt3d Ransomware displays a full-screen image stating ransom instructions (highlighted with red). It is impossible to remove it unless users delete the malvertising program eventually. In the ransom note, cyber criminals say that your files are encrypted, but still can be accessed again. To do this, developers attach a BTC address pending to receive 10 BTC from victims. You are given a specific deadline to complete the transfer. Then, after successfully making the payment, users have to inform extortionists via
firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Your files has been ENCRYPTED! Now, you cant access
them, but they are not deleted. We need to get 10 BTC at the speicifed address:
by 15.05.2021. If we recieve 10 BTC, we will send text
document to you mail with a PRIVATE RSA key, and a link to a
program, that can decrypt all files on every computer,
encrypted with this program
If we recieve moneys,
for acquiring decryption key, please send us
address of your wallet.
Whiteblackgroup002@gmail.com ; Wbgroup022@gmail.com
Once they confirm receiving the required amount of Bitcoins, victims will be given a private RSA key along with a link to download a program capable of decrypting the files. Usually, such big amounts of money required by swindlers mean that their scope is focused on companies or ventures that may be able to sacrifice such amounts. Despite this, regular users can be also at risk of ransomware attacks. Whatever the case, it is impossible to regain control of your data without paying the ransom. Encrpt3d Ransomware uses strong algorithms that prevent third-party tools from exposing the cipher. At this point time, the only feasible way apart from paying the ransom is to restore files from backup storage after removing the virus. If neither of these options fits your condition, you should delete Encrpt3d Ransomware and save the blocked files until better times. If you did not have valuable data and able to accept the loss, then simply ignore the requirements of cybercriminals and delete the Encrpt3d ransomware from your computer. Both removal and recovery options are presented below.
How Encrpt3d Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Encrpt3d Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .encrpt3d files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Encrpt3d Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Encrpt3d Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Encrpt3d Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Encrpt3d Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Encrpt3d Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Encrpt3d Ransomware files:
Encrpt3d Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .encrpt3d files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .encrpt3d files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .encrpt3d files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Encrpt3d Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .encrpt3d files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Encrpt3d Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released a free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Encrpt3d Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.