What is Farattack Ransomware
Farattack is the name of a ransomware infection that encrypts personal data by appending the .farattack extension. This means a previously unaffected
1.pdf will be forcefully changed to
1.pdf.farattack and reset its original icon after successful encryption. Following this process, the ransomware creates a text note called How_to_recovery.txt which features decryption instructions.
Contact us for price and get decryption software.
Note that this server is available via Tor browser only Follow the instructions to open the link:
1. Type the addres "hxxps://www.torproject.org" in your Internet browser. It opens the Tor site.
2. Press "Download Tor", then press "Download Tor Browser Bundle", install and run it.
3. Now you have Tor browser. In the Tor Browser open qd7pcafncosqfqu3ha6fcx4h6sr7tzwagzpcdcnytiw3b6varaeqv5yd.onion
4. Start a chat and follow the further instructions.
If you can not use the above link, use the email:
* To contact us, create a new free email account on the site: protonmail.com
IF YOU DON'T CONTACT US WITHIN 72 HOURS, PRICE WILL BE HIGHER.
The note guides victims to contact swindlers either using the TOR link or e-mail communication (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). In response to your reach-out cybercriminals give further instructions on how to pay for decryption. They also advise victims to fit in 72 hours unless they want the price to go higher. The price itself is kept secret and ends up declared after victims contact the crooks. Unfortunately, decrypting files without the help of ransomware creators is quite an arduous task. It may only be possible to decrypt some parts of the data, but not fully. You can avoid paying the ransom and recover your data completely only if you have a backup of copies located on external storage (e.g. USB Flash Card, Hard drive, Cloud, etc.). Despite manual decryption being likely to be impossible, we still decided to spill some words on good third-party instruments that may be able to decrypt your data to some extent. Explore more information on them and how to remove the Farattack virus in our tutorial below.
How Farattack Ransomware infected your computer
Many victims end up being infected with ransomware due to inexperience and inattentiveness on the web. It is common for ransomware developers to send e-mail spam letters stating there is something important to view or install. There are often legitimate-looking attachments like Word, Excel, JS, PDF, and so forth asked to be opened. Cybercriminals use macros-based technology to execute the installation of malware after victims open the files and allow some changes. It is also worth being careful about links that could be included in such messages as well. Thus, if you see a message disguised as something legitimate with the above-mentioned characteristics, try to avoid or delete it immediately. Usually, good-quality e-mail platforms are generally effective at identifying spam and not letting it reach your e-mail inbox, however, there are still many cases when cybercriminals manage to sneak their messages past the protection algorithms. In addition to this, it is also worth listing other distribution channels that could deliver the virus – trojans, fake software cracking tools, unreliable update/program installers, backdoors, keyloggers, web-exploits, and other dubious vectors like that. In order to be more protected against such threats in the future, follow our free guide below. There is plenty of useful information to exclude benefits from.
- Download Farattack Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .farattack files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Farattack Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Farattack Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Farattack Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Farattack Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Farattack Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Farattack Ransomware files:
Farattack Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .farattack files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .farattack files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .farattack files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Farattack Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .farattack files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Farattack Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Farattack Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.