What is HotShoppy
HotShoppy is browser adware application for Mac OSX. It infects PC along with freeware utilities for Mac and installs browser extensions in Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Among its harmful effects are: generating ads and pop-ups, displaying coupons, discounts and deals, inserting ads in search results. Advertisements are based on user search and browsing habits, browser history, bookmarked pages. HotShoppy is harmful for user online privacy and computer security. Clicking on malicious ads can lead to further malware infections, that can be more serious. For your safety, remove HotShoppy as soon as possible, and below you can locate removal instructions for Mac OSX and browsers.
How HotShoppy infected your Mac
Adware infiltrates Macintosh computers in a bundle with free apps. It happens due to lack of caution and attention from users during installation of new programs on Mac. HotShoppy can be bundled with media players, converters, PDF readers and other popular software types. There is not so many solutions, that can protect you from potentially unwanted apps. We recommend you to use CleanMyMac 3 to remove HotShoppy and BitDefender Antivirus for Mac to protect computer from future threats.
Download HotShoppy Removal Tool for Mac
To remove HotShoppy completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMacX. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of HotShoppy and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove HotShoppy manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full HotShoppy removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of HotShoppy installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove HotShoppy from Applications
Remove HotShoppy from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- HotShoppy might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall HotShoppy or HotShoppy Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag HotShoppy from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall HotShoppy
If you can’t uninstall HotShoppy using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of HotShoppy. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag HotShoppy from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with HotShoppy.
- Click Delete button.
Remove HotShoppy add-on from your browsers
Removing HotShoppy from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove HotShoppy extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find HotShoppy extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find HotShoppy extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose HotShoppy extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like HotShoppy
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.