What is Jyos Ransomware
Jyos Ransomware (a.k.a Djvu Ransomware or STOP Ransomware) encrypts victim’s files with Salsa20 (stream encryption system) and appends one of the hundreds of possible extensions, including the latest discovered .jyos. This one appeared in the very end of March 2023 and infected thousand computers worldwide. STOP is one of the most active ransomware today, but they hardly talk about it. The prevalence of STOP is also confirmed by the extremely active forum thread on Bleeping Computer, where victims seek help. The fact is that this malware attacks mainly fans of pirated content, visitors to suspicious sites, and is distributed as part of advertising bundles. There is a possibility for successful decryption, however, to date, there are more than two hundred STOP Ransomware variants that are known to researchers, and such a variety significantly complicates the situation. The last known version creates a text file of ransom note (_readme.txt), that looks like this:
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
The encryption virus works according to the standard method: it encrypts important files, adds a new extension to them, and places a ransom note on the infected machine (the malware requires $490, but the amount doubles in 72 hours to $980). Existing versions of decryption tools (STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft) can successfully decrypt data encoded with offline keys. But they are practically useless against prevailing online encryption. Standard Windows system functions are worth trying, for example, restore points, shadow copies, previous versions of files can be useful, although, malicious algorithms often block such opportunities. Stellar Data Recovery Professional is one of the best file-recovery tools and, if used properly, may recover copies and duplicates of encrypted files, that were removed prior to infection. The only option for successful 100% recovery is existing backups. The article below explains how to remove Jyos Ransomware correctly and decrypt .jyos files for free.
How Jyos Ransomware infected your computer
Jyos Ransomware, like other variants of the STOP/Djvu ransomware family, typically infects computers through various methods, including:
- Email spam campaigns: Cybercriminals may use email spam campaigns to distribute the ransomware. They typically send emails that appear to be from a legitimate source, such as a shipping company or a financial institution, and contain an infected attachment or a malicious link that, when clicked, downloads the ransomware onto the victim’s computer.
- Software cracks and keygens: Many people use software cracks or keygens to bypass software licensing restrictions and use paid software for free. However, these tools may contain malware, including ransomware like Jyos, that can infect the user’s computer.
- Malicious websites and ads: Cybercriminals may use malicious websites and ads to distribute ransomware. They may create fake websites that mimic legitimate ones and trick users into downloading and installing the ransomware. Additionally, they may use malvertising campaigns to display ads that contain malicious code that downloads the ransomware onto the victim’s computer.
- Exploits: Ransomware like Jyos may exploit vulnerabilities in outdated software or operating systems to infect the victim’s computer. Cybercriminals may use exploit kits, which are toolkits that contain multiple exploits, to scan for and exploit vulnerabilities in the victim’s system.
- Download Jyos Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .jyos files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Jyos Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Jyos Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Jyos Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Jyos Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Jyos Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Jyos Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Jyos Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Jyos Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Jyos Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Jyos Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Jyos Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Jyos Ransomware files:
Jyos Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .jyos files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.jyos variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .jyos files, encrypted by Jyos Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .jyos files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Jyos Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .jyos files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .jyos
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Jyos Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Jyos Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.