What is LockDown Ransomware
LockDown is a file-encrypting software created to earn money on unprotected users. The virus acts using AES+RSA algorithms to set up strong encryption on stored data and appends .LockDown extension. Many kinds of data will be changed according to this example
1.mp4.LockDown. After the encryption is done, LockDown creates a text note (HELP_DECRYPT YOUR FILES) containing ransom instructions.
Oops All Of your important files were encrypted Like document pictures videos etc..
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted by a strong encryption.
How to recover files?
RSA is a asymmetric cryptographic algorithm, you need one key for encryption and one key for decryption so you need private key to recover your files. It’s not possible to recover your files without private key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key.Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
What guarantees you have?
As evidence, you can send us 1 file to decrypt by email We will send you a recovery file Prove that we can decrypt your file
Please You must follow these steps carefully to decrypt your files:
Send $460 worth of bitcoin to wallet: 3arsmgdD3tukQ7T7Wk9wZGCk24mU7XRR12
after payment,we will send you Decryptor software
contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your personal ID: [redacted]
Users are said that only a private key held by cybercriminals can lead to successful data decryption. To obtain it, victims have to send approximately 460$ worth of Bitcoin to the attached wallet. Although extortionists ostensibly prove their integrity by allowing users to decrypt 1 file for free, we still advise against paying the ransom, because there is a risk that swindlers will not provide recovery tools eventually. For now, there are no official tools that could guarantee 100% file decryption. You can recover your files using an external backup or following the article below to try other decryption methods.
How LockDown Ransomware infected your computer
- Download LockDown Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .LockDown files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like LockDown Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove LockDown Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of LockDown Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove LockDown Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of LockDown Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
LockDown Ransomware files:
HELP_DECRYPT YOUR FILES
LockDown Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .LockDown files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .LockDown files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .LockDown files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with LockDown Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .LockDown files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like LockDown Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. LockDown Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.