What is Loplup Ransomware
Loplup is a file-encrypting virus that was determined to be part of the ZEPPELIN ransomware family. While restricting access to system-stored data, it renames attacked files by adding the custom
.loplup.[victim's_ID] extension. This means a file previously called
1.pdf will change to something like
1.pdf.loplup.312-A1A-FD7. Note that the victim’s ID is variable so it can be different in your case. Following successful encryption of data, Loplup creates a text file (!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!.TXT) that contains decryption guidelines:
!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!
All your files, documents, photos, databases and other important files are encrypted.
You are not able to decrypt it by yourself! The only method of recovering files is to purchase an unique private key.
Only we can give you this key and only we can recover your files.
To be sure we have the decryptor and it works you can send an email: email@example.com and decrypt one file for free.
But this file should be of not valuable!
Do you really want to restore your files?
Write to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Visit hxxps://tox.chat/download.html
2. Download and install qTOX on your PC.
3. Open it, click "New Profile" and create profile.
4. Click "Add friends" button and search our contact - 126E30C4CC9DE90F79D1FA90830FDC2069A2E981ED26B6DC148DA8827FB3D63A1B46CFDEC191
Your personal ID: -
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
It is said the only possible way to regain control over the blocked data is to purchase a unique private key. Victims are therefore instructed to contact cybercriminals using their e-mail address (email@example.com). Extortionists also offer affected users to send one encrypted sample and get it unlocked for free – this way demonstrating their decryption abilities. “!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!.TXT” also provides warnings against renaming files or trying to decrypt them with third-party software. Such claims, as the text note states, are underpinned by risks of permanent damage that may be caused by third-party software. Unfortunately, this information is indeed true. There is no known third-party tool that could decrypt .loplup with 100% accuracy and guarantee. While trying to match the key on its own, third-party software may accidentally break the configuration of files and make them permanently inaccessible. Although paying the ransom is not recommended, it still remains the only viable method to decrypt your data completely. We should therefore warn you that many cybercriminals that stand behind ransomwre infections end up being scammers – they fool their victims and do not send any promised decryption instruments even after receiving the payment. It is possible to avoid paying the ransom and recover your data for free if you possess backup copies of the lost data. This way, you can simply delete the infection, plug in your external storage (like a USB flash card) and copy the files back to your PC. You can find instructions on how to get rid of the virus as well as some third-party software recommendations. However, please note, that you should try the suggested recovery/decryption tools only if no other option for restoration is left to use.
How Loplup Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Loplup Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .loplup files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Loplup Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Loplup Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Loplup Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Loplup Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Loplup Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Loplup Ransomware files:
!!! ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED !!!.TXT
Loplup Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .loplup files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .loplup files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .loplup files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Loplup Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .loplup files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Loplup Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Loplup Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.