What is Malware Crusher
Malware Crusher is deceptive security application for Windows or MacOS. It sneaks into users computers without asking and performs scan of the system. If user ignores the program signals, Malware Crusher starts generating warnings and alerts, accompanying this with voice comments. Such intrusive and unfriendly marketing methods along with low-quality results of malware detection and protection put Malware Crusher in the category of potentially unwanted applications (PUA). This badware also puts obstacles when users try to uninstall it. For example, it shows special “uninstall window” where users need to click “No Thanks” link to be able to continue. Our article contains tutorial to remove Malware Crusher from Windows or MacOS.
How Malware Crusher infected your computer
Malware Crusher uses unethical advertising techniques for distribution. Malware Crusher is advertised on phishing pages in Safari. It is promoted via “bundled installers” along with programs like media players, archivers, fake Adobe updates. Appearance of Malware Crusher becomes a surprise for Mac and Windows users. Follow this guide to remove Malware Crusher and leftover items.
Download Malware Crusher Removal Tool for Windows
Download Malware Crusher Removal Tool for Mac
Download AdGuard for Mac to block malicious pop-ups, that promote Malware Crusher
AdGuard is the best ad-blocker, internet filtering and internet security application for MacOS and Windows. It can cut out unwanted banners from site pages, block pop-ups, stop redirects and prevent users from visiting potentially dangerous resources. Use it to stop ads promoting Malware Crusher in browsers.
Remove Malware Crusher manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Malware Crusher removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Malware Crusher installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Malware Crusher from Mac OS
Note: Malware Crusher sets up to start on Mac OS startup. Therefore, before starting removal, perform these steps:
- Open System Preferences, choose Users & Groups.
- Choose your account (set up as Current User).
- Click Login Items tab.
- Find “Malware Crusher” entry. Select it, and click the “-“ (minus) button to remove it.
Note 2: Malware Crusher may not quit just by closing it, therefore use Force Quit to end the process.
- Press 3 buttons at the same time: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). This is similar to Control-Alt-Delete on a Windows PC.
- Choose Malware Crusher in the list.
- Click Force Quit button.
Remove Malware Crusher from Applications
Remove Malware Crusher from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- Malware Crusher might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall Malware Crusher or Malware Crusher Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag Malware Crusher from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall Malware Crusher
If you can’t uninstall Malware Crusher using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of Malware Crusher. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag Malware Crusher from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with Malware Crusher.
- Click Delete button.
Remove Malware Crusher from Windows using Control Panel
To start removing Malware Crusher you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Malware Crusher from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Malware Crusher.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Malware Crusher from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Malware Crusher and click Uninstall.
Remove Malware Crusher from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Malware Crusher, click Uninstall.
Remove Malware Crusher from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Malware Crusher from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Malware Crusher in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Malware Crusher in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Malware Crusher
In some cases Malware Crusher won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Malware Crusher. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Malware Crusher folder and files. This happens, because file browser.exe or some service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use Norton Antivirus or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Malware Crusher in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Malware Crusher
Remove following files and folders
Malware Crusher files:
Malware Crusher folders:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Malware Crusher
C:\Program Files\Malware Crusher
Remove following files and folders of Malware Crusher on Mac
~/Library/Application Support/Malware Crusher/
~/Library/Caches/Malware Crusher.Malware Crusher
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like Malware Crusher
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.