What is Nifr Ransomware
Nifr Ransomware, being a part of STOP Ransomware (DjVu Ransomware) family, is an elaborate encryptor virus, that encrypts user’s files and makes them inaccessible. Malware uses an unbreakable AES (Salsa20) encryption algorithm, and decryption is only possible in 2-3% of cases. It first generates a unique AES-256 encryption key for each file it encrypts, which is used to encrypt the file’s contents. This process is known as symmetric encryption, as the same key is used to encrypt and decrypt the file. After encrypting the file with the AES-256 key, Nifr Ransomware then encrypts the AES-256 key with an RSA-1024 public key, which is included in the ransomware’s code. This process is known as asymmetric encryption, as it uses different keys for encryption and decryption.Recent version of STOP Ransomware adds following suffix or extension: .nifr. Corresponding virus variation received names: Nifr Ransomware. After encrypting, the ransomware creates _readme.txt file, that specialists call “ransom note”, and below you can get acquainted with the contents of this file. The note contains instructions on how to contact the ransomware operators and pay the ransom in order to receive the decryption key. The ransomware is typically distributed through spam emails, fake software updates, and software cracks/keygens. It is important to note that paying the ransom is not recommended, as it encourages the criminals and there is no guarantee that the decryption key will be provided.
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Nifr Ransomware utilizes similar techniques through all versions: it encrypts files, adds a new extension to them, and places a ransom note on the infected machine (it demands $490, and if not paid within 72 hours the amount doubles to $980). As a rule, the virus does not affect essential system files and encrypts only data that can be potentially valuable for users: videos, photos, documents, local e-mails, archives. The good news is, that Emsisoft (antivirus vendor) released a special utility called Emsisoft Decryptor for STOP Djvu, that can decrypt more than 200 variations of the threat. In some cases, you will need a pair of the original and encrypted files, in most cases, data can be restored only if an offline key was used by malware (this happens due to malfunction or internet connection loss during the encryption process). Stellar Data Recovery Professional is one of the best file-recovery tools and, if used properly, may recover copies and duplicates of encrypted files, that were removed prior to infection. The only option for successful 100% recovery is existing backups. The article below explains how to remove Nifr Ransomware correctly and decrypt .nifr files for free.
How Nifr Ransomware infected your computer
Nifr Ransomware typically infects computers through various methods such as:
- Spam emails: The ransomware is often distributed through spam emails containing malicious attachments or links to download the malware.
- Fake software updates: Cybercriminals can also distribute Nifr Ransomware by disguising it as a legitimate software update for popular software.
- Software cracks/keygens: Nifr Ransomware can also be distributed through software cracks or keygens, which are designed to bypass the activation process of licensed software.
- Download Nifr Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .nifr files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Nifr Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Nifr Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Nifr Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Nifr Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Nifr Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Nifr Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Nifr Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Nifr Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Nifr Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Nifr Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Nifr Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Nifr Ransomware files:
Nifr Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .nifr files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.nifr variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .nifr files, encrypted by Nifr Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .nifr files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Nifr Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .nifr files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .nifr
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Nifr Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Nifr Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.
Passo pela mesma, coisa. Essa variação parece ser bem recente
My pc infected with .copa file
I tried to use emisoft to decrypt the file
But I can’t. There a notification said “This ID appears to be an online ID, decryption is impossible”
Is there another way i can get back my file wothout pay them (ransomware maker)
Please help. Any advices would be help. 🙏
Make sure, the virus is removed, backup encrypted files for possible decryption in the future, and then try file-recovery and manual instructions on the page.