What is Nozelesn Ransomware
Nozelesn Ransomware is new type of ransomware, that uses AES-128 encryption algorithm to encode user files. It appends .nozelesn extension to “in cipher” files. According to researchers, Nozelesn Ransomware firstly targeted Poland, but then expanded to other european countries. After successful encryption virus drops HOW_FIX_NOZELESN_FILES.htm file with ransom-demanding message on the desktop and in the folders with affected files. HTML file says the following:
All files including videos, photos and documents on your computer are encrypted by nozelesn ransomware.
File decryption costs money.
In order to decrypt the files, you need to perform the following steps:
1. You should download and install this browser http://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en
2. After installation, run the browser and enter the address: lyasuvlsarvrlyxz.onion
3. Follow the instructions on the web-site. We remind you that the sooner you do, the more chances are left to recover the files.
Guaranteed recovery is provided within 10 days.
You should enter the personal code on the tor site.
Your Personal CODE:
The price for decryption is 0.10 BitCoins, that is currently ~$650. Malefactors promise to send decryption key within 10 days. However, cybercrooks cannot be trusted as, according to our experience, often do not hold out promises not to put their encryption algorithm at risk. At the moment of writing this article there is no decryptors released, but we keep abreast of the situation. Currently, it is impossible to decrypt files encrypted by Nozelesn Ransomware. We will publish decryption tool as soon as it appears. At the same time, there are some reports, that users are able to partially return their files by using restore points, if infection was stopped and prevented by antivirus on the certain stage. We prepared all the possible manual and automatic solutions to remove Nozelesn Ransomware and decrypt .nozelesn files in Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
How Nozelesn Ransomware infected your PC
Nozelesn Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments in form of DHL invoices. Can be also distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged and infected installers. Virus assigns certain ID with the victims, that is used to name those files and supposedly to send decryption key. In order to prevent infection with this type of threats in future we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus and BitDefender Anti-Ransomware.
Download Nozelesn Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Nozelesn Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Nozelesn Ransomware.
How to remove Nozelesn Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Nozelesn Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Nozelesn Ransomware files:
Nozelesn Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .nozelesn files
Use automated decryptors
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .nozelesn files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom, because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
If you are infected with Nozelesn Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Pro to restore .nozelesn files
- Download Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Pro.
- Select location to scan for lost files and click Scan button.
- Wait until Quick and Deep scans finish.
- Preview found files and restore them.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses like Nozelesn Ransomware in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
Regardless of success of protection against ransomware threats, you can save your files using simple online backup. Cloud services are quite fast and cheap nowadays. There is more sense using online backup, than creating physical drives, that can get infected and encrypted when connected to PC or get damaged from dropping or hitting. Windows 10 and 8/8.1 users can find pre-installed OneDrive backup solution from Microsoft. It is actually one of the best backup services on the market, and has reasonable pricing plans. Users of earlier versions can get acquainted with it here. Make sure to backup and sync most important files and folders in OneDrive.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.