What is ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware
Also known as Mimicry, ShivaGood Ransomware has by far no good intentions at all because it is designed to encrypt user’s data and demand ransom payment in bitcoin. This malicious piece uses special cryptographic algorithms and assigns .good extension to multiple files (PDFs, documents, images, videos, etc.). For instance, 1.mp4 will be renamed to 1.mp4.good, and similarly. Once ShivaGood completes the encryption procedure, it will create a text file called HOW_TO_RECOVER_FILES.txt. This note contains information about data encryption.
Your personal identifier: XXXXXXXX
Your important files are now encrypted due to a security problem with your PC!
Now you should send us email with your personal identifier.
This email will be as confirmation you are ready to pay for decryption key.
You have to pay for decryption in Bitcoins. The price depends on how fast you write to us.
After payment we will send you the decryption tool that will decrypt all your files.
Contact us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free decryption as guarantee!
Before paying you can send us up to 3 files for free decryption.
The total size of files must be less than 10Mb (non archived), and files should not contain valuable information (databases, backups, large excel sheets, etc.).
How to obtain Bitcoins?
* The easiest way to buy bitcoins is LocalBitcoins site. You have to register, click'Buy bitcoins', and select the seller by payment method and price:
* Also you can find other places to buy Bitcoins and beginners guide here:
* Do not rename encrypted files.
* Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
* Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price
(they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
To decrypt it, extortionists ask you to contact them via e-mail and attach your personal ID that is mentioned in the note as well. Once done, frauds will reach back to you with payment instructions to obtain the decryption key. Additionally, cybercriminals propose to unlock 3 files (less than 10 MB) for free. This is a trick to prove their integrity since reality can differentiate significantly. They can simply extort money and forget about their promises. If you are looking for a safer and better option, then we will help you delete ShivaGood Ransomware and decrypt data in the article below.
How ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware infected your computer
- Download ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .good files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware files:
ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .good files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .good files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .good files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .good files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. ShivaGood (Mimicry) Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.