What is Sonic Search
Sonic Search by Coffee and Comfort Apps is classified as potentially unwanted program. It is ad-supported search assistant in form of browser extension. It looks like sidebar with related website links on the left or right side of browser windows. Sonic Search installs in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. On of the complains from users about Sonic Search is, that it appears from nowhere, installs without users consent. This adware may track your online activity and share private data with third-party adware companies, which puts you at risk of heavy infection. We strongly recommend to remove Sonic Search from your computer.
How Sonic Search infected your PC
Sonic Search is propagated using deceptive method called “bundling” – hidden installation of potentially unwanted applications with third-party software. Authors hide offer to install Sonic Search within “Custom” or “Advanced” settings, because many users skip this section. Because of clicking through download and installation processes quickly, users inadvertently get bogus apps, exposing their systems to viruses. Use SpyHunter 5 to remove Sonic Search completely and protect computer.
Download Sonic Search Removal Tool
To remove Sonic Search completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Sonic Search and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Sonic Search manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Sonic Search removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Sonic Search installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Sonic Search from Control Panel
To start removing Sonic Search you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Sonic Search from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Sonic Search.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Search from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Sonic Search and click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Search from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Sonic Search, click Uninstall.
Remove Sonic Search from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Sonic Search from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Sonic Search in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Sonic Search in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Sonic Search
In some cases Sonic Search won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Sonic Search. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Sonic Search folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes or uninstall Sonic Search in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting press F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Sonic Search
Remove Sonic Search add-on from your browsers
Removing Sonic Search from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Sonic Search extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Sonic Search extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Sonic Search extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Sonic Search from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Sonic Search, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Sonic Search.
Generally, Sonic Search does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Sonic Search or Sonic Search 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Sonic Search files:
Sonic Search folders:
C:\Program Files\Sonic Search
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Sonic Search
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Sonic Search. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.