What is SurfBuyer
SurfBuyer is unwanted advertising program that displays ads and pop-ups in Safari, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browser on Mac. Ads can promote various things, like rogue software for Mac, discounts, shopping deals and other type of doubtful offers. Application installs without user permission and starts generating advertising content. In some cases adware installs “SurfBuyer” extension in browsers. Advertisements and banners, that are shown to user can be called “Ads by SurfBuyer”, “brought by SurfBuyer” or “Powered by SurfBuyer”. In order to remove SurfBuyer from Mac perform instructions given in this article.
How SurfBuyer infected your Mac
SurfBuyer, like other adware of this type, comes bundled with freeware utilities for Mac. It can be some media downloader, converter, player. Such tools are advertised as “free”, however in fact they are “ad-supported”. Users need to be careful and attentive, when installing apps from unknown resources. To protect your Mac from potentially unwanted programs use BitDefender Antivirus or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. CleanMyMac can assist you in removal of SurfBuyer.
Download SurfBuyer Removal Tool for Mac
To remove SurfBuyer completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMac3. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of SurfBuyer and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Remove SurfBuyer manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full SurfBuyer removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of SurfBuyer installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove SurfBuyer from Applications
Remove SurfBuyer from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- SurfBuyer might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall SurfBuyer or SurfBuyer Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag SurfBuyer from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall SurfBuyer
If you can’t uninstall SurfBuyer using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of SurfBuyer. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag SurfBuyer from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with SurfBuyer.
- Click Delete button.
Remove SurfBuyer add-on from your browsers
Removing SurfBuyer from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove SurfBuyer extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find SurfBuyer extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find SurfBuyer extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose SurfBuyer extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like SurfBuyer
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.