What is Wajam
Wajam is advertising browser extension. According to developers Wajam enhances search experience by adding ads and Wajam Social Search widget to Google search results page. Wajam can show results that were liked, shared or twitted by your friends on Facebook or Twitter. Obviously it is potentially unwanted program, as it creates unwanted additional advertisements and installs without user consent. Wajam can also display ads and pop-ups on commercial websites, offering discounts or special offers. Ads can be signed “Ads powered by Wajam” or “Ads brought by Wajam” or just “Ads by Wajam”. Adware uses users private information (browser history, cookies) and can share it with advertising companies for generating ads to you. It is recommended to remove Wajam completely, uninstall it from Control Panel and remove Wajam add-ons from all browsers you use.
How Wajam infected your PC
Wajam installs in a bundle with flash players, downloaders, updaters and many other kinds of free utilities. Installers offer you to install additional software in installation window, like it is shown on the picture below. Offer looks like part of installation and most users click “Agree” or “Next” without reading.
As a result, installer downloads and installs Wajam in the background, and user cannot stop or cancel this process. Right after this Wajam starts generating ads and users search for instructions to remove Wajam, because it installs deeply in the system. To assist you with removal we prepared this guide, but we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 to remove Wajam completely. SpyHunter 5 can clean up your system from Wajam and other similar threats.
Download Wajam Removal Tool
To remove Wajam completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Wajam and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Wajam manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Wajam removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Wajam installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Wajam from Control Panel
To start removing Wajam you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Wajam from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Wajam.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Wajam from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Wajam and click Uninstall.
Remove Wajam from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Wajam, click Uninstall.
Remove Wajam from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Wajam from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Wajam in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Wajam in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Wajam
In some cases Wajam won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Wajam. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Wajam folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Wajam in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Wajam
Remove Wajam add-on from your browsers
Removing Wajam from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Wajam extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Find Wajam extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Choose Wajam extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Wajam from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Wajam, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Wajam.
Generally, Wajam does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Wajam or Wajam 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wajam
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Wajam
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Wajam. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.