What is WebDiscover Browser
WebDiscover Browser by WebDiscover Media is a commercial browser built on open-source Chromium platform. It installs without users consent and sets as the default browser. According to its developers, it allows surfing the web from the desktop. However, WebDiscover also brings several inconveniences: it installs Safestsearches.com as default homepage and search engine, it may insert additional ads to search results and webpages you visit. WebDiscover Browser is classified as an unwanted program. In order to remove WebDiscover follow instructions below.
How WebDiscover Browser infected your PC
WebDiscover Browser sneaks through antivirus software as it is not classified as virus and many antiviruses do not detect its installer or executable files. Usually, it installs when users install free utilities or download something. Here you can see how it looks like:
The popular free utility offers to install WebDiscover Browser as a “free option”. To avoid installation users need to choose “Custom installation” and decline offer there. To prevent such installations we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download WebDiscover Browser Removal Tool for Windows
To remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of WebDiscover Browser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of WebDiscover Browser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Remove WebDiscover Browser manually for free
Here is a manual step-by-step tutorial for full WebDiscover Browser removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of WebDiscover Browser installer on operating systems with the latest updates and browser versions.
Remove WebDiscover Browser from Control Panel
To start removing WebDiscover Browser you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find WebDiscover Browser.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find WebDiscover Browser and click Uninstall.
Remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find WebDiscover Browser, click Uninstall.
Remove WebDiscover Browser from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall WebDiscover Browser from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate WebDiscover Browser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate WebDiscover Browser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall WebDiscover Browser
In some cases WebDiscover Browser won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall WebDiscover Browser. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing WebDiscover Browser folder and files. This happens, because file chrome.exe or some service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall WebDiscover Browser in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove WebDiscover Browser
Remove WebDiscover Browser add-on from your browsers
Removing WebDiscover Browser from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove WebDiscover Browser extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find WebDiscover Browser extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose WebDiscover Browser extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove WebDiscover Browser from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable WebDiscover Browser, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable WebDiscover Browser.
Generally, WebDiscover Browser does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find WebDiscover Browser extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
WebDiscover Browser files:
WebDiscover Browser folders:
C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\WebDiscover Browser Update Task
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension WebDiscover Browser
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including WebDiscover Browser. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.