What is White Rabbit Ransomware
White Rabbit is classified as a ransomware program that runs encryption of data to demand money for its return. It was detected by Michael Gillespie – a popular malware researcher specializing in ransomware infections. While encrypting all the important data stored on a system, the virus appends a .scrypt extension to the end of each file. For instance, a sample named
1.pdf will change to
1.pdf.scrypt and reset its original icon. In addition, all blocked files will get their ransom note files with unique encryption keys.
1.pdf.scrypt will get 1.pdf.scrypt.txt,
1.xlsx.scrypt – 1.xlsx.scrypt.txt, and so forth.
If you are reading this message, means that:
- your network infrastructures have been compromised,
- critical data has leaked,
- files are encrypted
Welcome to the Ransom House
You are locked by
W H I T E R A B B I T
Knock, Knock. Follow the White Rabbit...
The best and only thing you can do is to contact us
to settle the matter before any losses occurs.
1. THE FOLLOWING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN
1.1 DELETION THIS NOTE.
Each note carries the encryption key
needed to decrypt the data,
don't lose it
1.2 EDITING FILES OR HDD.
Renaming, copying or moving any files
could DAMAGE the cypher and
decryption will be impossible.
1.3 USING THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE.
Trying to recover with any software
can also break the cipher and
file recovery will become a problem.
1.4 SHUTDOWN OR RESTART THE PC.
Boot and recovery errors can also damage the cipher.
Sorry about that, but doing so is entirely at your own risk.
1.5 HIRING THE FBI AND OTHERS
Cooperating with the FBI|CIA and so on
and involving their officers in negotiations
will end our communication with you
and we will share all the leaked data for free.
2. EXPLANATION OF THE SITUATION
2.1 HOW DID THIS HAPPEN
The security of your IT perimeter has been compromised (it's not perfect at all).
We encrypted your workstations and servers to make the fact of the intrusion visible and to prevent you from hiding critical data leaks.
We spent a lot of time for researching and finding out the most important directories of your business, your weak points.
We have already downloaded a huge amount of critical data and analyzed it. Now it's fate is up to you, it will either be deleted or sold, or shared with the media.
2.2 VALUABLE DATA WE USUALLY STEAL:
- Databases, legal documents, billings, clients personal information, SSN...
- Audit reports
- Any financial documents (Statements, invoices, accounting, transfers etc.)
- work files and corporate correspondence
- Any backups
2.3 TO DO LIST (best practies)
- Contact us as soon as possible
- Contact us only in our chat, otherwise you can run into scammers.
- Purchase our decryption tool and decrypt your files. There is no other way to do this.
- Realize that dealing with us is the shortest way to the success and secrecy.
- Give up the idea of using decryption help programs, otherwise you will destroy the system permanently
- Avoid any third-party negotiators and recovery groups. They can allow the event to leak.
3. POSSIBLE DECISIONS
3.1 NOT MAKING THE DEAL
- After 4 days starting tomorrow your leaked data will be published or sold.
- We will also send the data to all interested supervisory organizations and the media.
- Decryption key will be deleted permanently and recovery will be impossible.
- Losses from the situation will be measured based on your annual budget
3.2 MAKING THE WIN-WIN DEAL
- You will get the Decryption Tool and the Manual how-to-use.
- You will get our guarantee and log of non-recovarable deletion of all your data.
- You will get the guarantee of secrecy and deletion of all traces of the deal in internet.
- You will get the security report on how to fix your security breaches.
4. EVIDENCE OF THE LEAKAGE
4.2 DB sample: hxxps://file.io/*************
5. HOW TO CONTACT US
5.1 Download and install TOR Browser hxxps://torproject.org
5.2 Open our live-chat website at *************
5.3 To review leaked data at temporarily server get the ftp access in our live chat
5.4 If the TOR Browser is restricted in your area then use VPN services
5.5 All your Data will be published in 4 Days in the case of silence on your side
5.6 Your Decryption keys will be permanently destroyed synchronous 5.5
5.7 Your Data will be published if you will hire third-party negotiators to contact us
6.1 The breaking of critical points of this offer will cause:
- deletion of your decryption keys
- immediate selling of your data
- in the case of non-selling we will publish your data for free
- notification of government supervision agencies, your competitors and clients
7. Encryption Key
Each note created after data encryption contains a ton of information related to recovering files. Overall, cybercriminals say their victims must contact them using the link in TOR Browser and buy decryption software afterward. Should victims disobey this request, their decryption keys will be permanently deleted and gathered data will be published on dark web resources. In addition, ransomware developers claim it is forbidden to delete ransom notes, modify files, use the third-party software, and refer to external help from the FBI or other authorities. Unfortunately, doing any of the above might indeed deteriorate the situation and complicate data decryption. Although it is always advised against paying the ransom, cybercriminals remain the only figures able to unlock your data completely. You can recover your data for free only by deleting the virus and copying your backup copies from external storage if such are existent. Even if you recover your data without the help of cybercriminals, alas you won’t avoid leakage of data. Decision on whether to pay the ransom or not lies solely on you. It is not hard to delete ransomware infections, but rather revert their damage. Whatever the case, it is important to delete White Rabbit Ransomware before it does more problems to your identity and PC. You can follow our guide below to do it and learn about plausible recovery methods.
How White Rabbit Ransomware infected your computer
- Download White Rabbit Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .scrypt files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like White Rabbit Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove White Rabbit Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of White Rabbit Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove White Rabbit Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of White Rabbit Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
White Rabbit Ransomware files:
White Rabbit Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .scrypt files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .scrypt files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .scrypt files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with White Rabbit Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .scrypt files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like White Rabbit Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. White Rabbit Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.