What is CrossBrowser
CrossBrowser is another chrome-like browser by ClaraLabs. Previously, we removed BoBrowser – similar problem-ware. CrossBrowser is obviously potentially unwanted program. It is chromium-based browser that replaces Chrome as default browser on your computer. It has inbuilt adware inside and default search engine and homepage. It can also set such webpage as default in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. With CrossBrowser you will regularly see “Ads by CrossBrowser” or “Brought by CrossBrowser” banners on pages that you usually visit in this browser. It will also replace Chrome icons in on the desktop and pinned to taskbar. Use instructions below to remove CrossBrowser or use CrossBrowser Removal Tool.
How CrossBrowser infected your PC
CrossBrowser is obviously not a program, that user will not install intentionally. That’s why its developers use tricky methods to propagate this garbage. It may use jitney ad networks to show “necessary browser update” alerts on some websites and if you click on such pop-ups you will be infected with CrossBrowser. Or it can be installed with third-rate freeware like FastPlayerPro or others. Be careful installing any new program on your PC.
Download CrossBrowser Removal Tool
To remove CrossBrowser completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of CrossBrowser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove CrossBrowser manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full CrossBrowser removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of CrossBrowser installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove CrossBrowser from Control Panel
To start removing CrossBrowser you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove CrossBrowser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find CrossBrowser.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove CrossBrowser from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find CrossBrowser and click Uninstall.
Remove CrossBrowser from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find CrossBrowser, click Uninstall.
Remove CrossBrowser from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall CrossBrowser from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate CrossBrowser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate CrossBrowser in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall CrossBrowser
In some cases CrossBrowser won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall CrossBrowser. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing CrossBrowser folder and files. This happens, because process mysearchdialsrv.exe or service mysearchdialSvc does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall CrossBrowser in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove CrossBrowser
Remove following files and folders
Reset browsers settings (homepage, default search)
CrossBrowser installs along with search engine that hijacks your browsers. Here is instruction to reset your browsers homepage, newtab and search engine to default values.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Scroll down and find Show advanced settings link.
- Click on it and scroll down to the bottom again.
- Click Reset browser settings button and click Reset to confirm.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
- Click Reset Firefox to confirm.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu choose Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Choose Delete personal settings and click Reset.
Be careful surfing the internet and downloading software, as programs like CrossBrowser may become a real headache as they are hard to remove and break your privacy. To keep safe from such threats we recommend you always use antivirus and one of antimalware programs available on the market. One of the best antispyware and antimalware programs is SpyHunter 5. It can protect your PC from threats like CrossBrowser.