What is AESMewLocker Ransomware
AESMewLocker Ransomware is a real menace that targets your data by encrypting it with AES File Format algorithms. It is nothing peculiar to the ransomware world. The virus popped up on multiple forums a couple of days ago and raised a big question around its victims – how to decrypt files? For now, there are no viable ways to unlock files that are getting encrypted with the .locked extension after penetration. All of your files become inaccessible and can be unlocked, only if you meet the swindler’s requirements and pay for the decryption key. The key itself is not cheap, you have to spend 0.05 BTC and contact extortionists to get decryption instructions. All of this information is stated in a ransom note (READ_IT.txt) created after successful encryption.
I am truly sorry to inform you that all your important files are crypted.
Atention!I do not offer for free the decrypt key's, for that you have to pay 0.05 BITCOIN.
You can get bitcoin very easy on this site: www.localbitcoins.com
You have to create an account and to buy 0.05 BITCOIN from a seller located in your city.
Then you have to send the amount at this BTC adress: 1KV34BcBk2SNmpULH16E7oLGup3Pj6ywFD
After that, contact me at this email adress: AESMew@pm.me
With this subject: 178BF-BFF00-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX
After the payment you will receive the key's to decrypt your files and a tutorial
Here is another list where you can buy bitcoin:
Threats like AESMewLocker do not allow third-parties instruments to decipher the encryption key unless it has bugs or other flaws that expose malware vulnerabilities. This is why it is always important to store and update a backup folder on external devices to be able to restore locked data after virus removal. Keep tracking the investigation process until cyber experts find a way to decrypt affected files.
How AESMewLocker Ransomware infected your computer
- Download AESMewLocker Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .locked files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like AESMewLocker Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove AESMewLocker Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of AESMewLocker Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove AESMewLocker Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of AESMewLocker Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
AESMewLocker Ransomware files:
AESMewLocker Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .locked files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .locked files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .locked files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with AESMewLocker Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .locked files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like AESMewLocker Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. AESMewLocker Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.