What is Albireo
Albireo is adware program for Windows. In some cases Albireo installs extensions in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Albireo displays annoying ads, pop-ups and banners in browsers. Actually, it is advertised as add-on that will show possible discounts and deals on shopping sites, however, ads are usually simply promoting other software. Often, Albireo inserts ads in the results of Google search, on e-commerce websites. Ads can be named differently: “Ads by Albireo”, “Related Search by Albireo”, “powered by Albireo” or “brought by Albireo”. Ads are related on topics of visited sites, and Albireo tracks user online activity and browser history. Those advertisements are not the part of those websites but created in “virtual layer” created in browsers by Albireo. We created this guide to help you remove Albireo ads from browsers and get rid of pop-ups.
How Albireo infected your PC
Albireo installs in a bundle with free software installers. Such programs promote adware or hijackers during installation process. This helps developers to monetize freeware. They get paid for every installation of Albireo, or they can be paid for clicks on ads by Albireo. Anyway, for your safety you should remove Albireo as soon as possible and avoid such programs in the future. For this purpose we recommend you to download SpyHunter 5 below. It can eliminate Albireo completely and protect PC from unwanted apps.
Download Albireo Removal Tool
To remove Albireo completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Albireo and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Albireo manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Albireo removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Albireo installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Albireo from Control Panel
To start removing Albireo you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Albireo from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Albireo.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Albireo from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Albireo and click Uninstall.
Remove Albireo from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Albireo, click Uninstall.
Remove Albireo from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Albireo from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Albireo in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Albireo in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Albireo
In some cases Albireo won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Albireo. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Albireo folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Albireo in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Albireo
Remove Albireo add-on from your browsers
Removing Albireo from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Albireo extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Albireo extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Albireo extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Albireo from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Albireo, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Albireo.
Generally, Albireo does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Albireo extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Albireo
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Albireo. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.