What is Noway Ransomware
Noway is a ransomware infection that encrypts all important data using AES-256 algorithms. It also renames the blocked data with randomly-generated symbols and .noway extension. To illustrate, a file like
1.pdf will change to
SUdOLnBuZw==.noway and lose its original icon upon successful encryption. As a rule, the majority of ransomware-encrypted files cannot be decrypted without the help of cybercriminals. Despite this, Noway Ransomware is one of few that can be officially decrypted using the Emisoft tool by Demonslay335 for free. This is possible because Noway seems to encrypt only the file names, but not their content. You can download it further in our guide below. We encourage you to not rush with the decryption process as you must delete the virus first (also guided in this tutorial). In addition to running encryption over personal data, Noway issues a text note called Unlock your file Instraction.txt.
All your files have been Encrypted with the AES-256 encryption algorithym
making your files inaccessible. I will show you how to get them back.
You have 72 hours starting from now to pay your ransom before your
private key is deleted from our servers permenantly, making your files
inaccessible forever, If you try to damage, remove or tamper with this
software in any way your key will self destruct.
Instructions to recover your files :
1. Go to hxxps://login.blockchain.com/#/signup or any website where you can buy bitcoin and set up a new wallet.
2. Purchase 250$ of bitcoins .
3. Send 250$ of bitcoins to the address : 3GfbwCbTJXFLmLBL8E59YJdhs9uftLfSM5
4. then send your transaction ID to : email@example.com
to get your decryption key for your files
The note shows how to recover your data with the help of ransomware developers. The crooks give 72 hours for deciding to pay the ransom. Should victims exceed this given deadline of payment, swindlers claim your data will become inaccessible forever. This is not true as Emisoft developers managed to crack open the ciphers and help victims decrypt files of Noway for free. After completing the payment, cybercriminals ask their victims to send transaction ID to the attached e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and get the promised decryption software. Even if there is no option to decrypt data for free, it is still highly recommended to not pay the demanded ransom. Many cybercriminals tend to fool their victims and not send any promised instruments at the end. In such a case, it is way better and safer to recover data using backup copies of data from physical or cloud storage. As mentioned above, the first and foremost step before attempting to recover or decrypt your data is the removal of the ransomware infection. To do this and learn about decryption, follow our dedicated tutorial below.
How Noway Ransomware infected your computer
There is no single defined way of how Noway could spread into your system. However, the majority of ransomware infections are distributed via suspicious content like malicious links or attachments sent by e-mail, for instance. This is why it is advised against clicking on unknown and first-seen content that looks doubtful and potentially dangerous. The biggest part of such content tries to look legitimate or useful by wrapping itself under famous delivery firms (DHL, DPD, FedEx, etc.), banks, fake prize announcements, free gifts, and other dubious stuff like that. In addition to this, users can be infected when downloading third-party software from unreliable Peer-to-Peer (torrent) resources, through trojans, backdoors, keyloggers, unprotected RDP configuration, and other similar vectors. To be more protected against such threats in the future, you can acquaint yourself with the security tips listed in our guide below. There is plenty of useful information to capitalize on.
- Download Noway Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .noway files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Noway Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Noway Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Noway Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Noway Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Noway Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Noway Ransomware files:
Unlock your file Instraction.txt
Noway Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .noway files
Use automated decryptors
Download EmsiSoft Decryptor for NoWay
Use following tool from EmsiSoft called Decryptor for NoWay, that can decrypt .noway files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .noway files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Noway Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .noway files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Noway Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Noway Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.