What is Treasure Track
Treasure Track by Yontoo Technology Inc is adware application. It will display ads, pop-ups, banners, coupons, discounts on shopping sites whether you want it or not. Treasure Track does it with help of browser extensions that it installs in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Advertisements appear on the side or bottom of browser window and are signed like “Related Search by Treasure Track”, “brought by Treasure Track”, “Powered by Treasure Track” or just “Ads by Treasure Track”. Banners contain promotional links, flash ads, coupons. In many cases users cannot remove Treasure Track using standard Windows features. Read step-by-step instructions on this page to remove Treasure Track completely.
How Treasure Track infected your PC
Treasure Track infects computers while users install free software. For example, on the picture below there is malicious installer of popular JDownloader. JDownloader itself is legal and good program, however, some websites wrap it in special installer and offer on their pages. Such installer will set up Treasure Track adware on your computer if you will not click “Decline”.
90% of users click “Accept” and don’t read texts, thinking this is some typical installation text. Adware developers use this fact to spread the virus. Fortunately, there is a program that can not only remove Treasure Track from your system, but also protect it from further infections of this type and many others. It is called SpyHunter 5, and it works in a different way from classic antiviruses. Use it to get rid of ads by Treasure Track.
Download Treasure Track Removal Tool
To remove Treasure Track completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Treasure Track and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Treasure Track manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Treasure Track removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Treasure Track installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Treasure Track from Control Panel
To start removing Treasure Track you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Treasure Track from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Treasure Track.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Treasure Track from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Treasure Track and click Uninstall.
Remove Treasure Track from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Treasure Track, click Uninstall.
Remove Treasure Track from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Treasure Track from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Treasure Track in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Treasure Track in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Treasure Track
In some cases Treasure Track won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Treasure Track. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Treasure Track folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Treasure Track in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Treasure Track
Remove Treasure Track add-on from your browsers
Removing Treasure Track from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Treasure Track extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Treasure Track extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Treasure Track extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Treasure Track from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Treasure Track, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Treasure Track.
Generally, Treasure Track does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Treasure Track or Treasure Track 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Treasure Track files:
Treasure Track folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Treasure Track
C:\Program Files\Treasure Track
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Treasure Track
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Treasure Track. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.