What is CryptON Ransomware
Note: Some versions of CryptON Ransomware are decryptable. You can try free decryptors offered below and attempt to restore encrypted files. Otherwise, keep your files until effective decryptor will be released.
CryptON Ransomware or Nemesis Ransomware or X3M Ransomware is one of the most dangerous and wide-spread ransomware families. Currently, there are multiple successors of initial virus and several deviations built on another platforms. Cry9, Cry36 and Cry128 Ransomware came from this series. Virus uses mix of AES-256, RSA-2048 and SHA-256 encryption algorithms. Latest discovered version is actually called CryptON Ransomware and uses .email@example.com extension for affected files. Other used suffixes are:
_x3m, _locked, _crypt, .encrptd, _locked_by_krec, _locked_by_perfect, _r9oj, .nemesis, .v8dp, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com_, firstname.lastname@example.org_, email@example.com_, _CarlosBoltehero@india.com_, firstname.lastname@example.org_,
.-juccy[a]protonmail.ch, _[email@example.com].xj5v2, .-sofia_lobster[a]protonmail.ch, _[wqfhdgpdelcgww4g.onion.to].r2vy6, _[qg6m5wo7h3id55ym.onion.to].63vc4, _2irbar3mjvbap6gt.onion.to._, _gebdp3k7bolalnd4.onion._, .fgb45ft3pqamyji7.onion.to._, .losers, .damoclis
Ransomware demands from 0.2 to 1 BitCoin for decryption. It is not recommended to pay the ransom as there are no guarantee malefactors will send decryption key. Depending on version, after encryption CryptON Ransomware creates different text files with instructions to pay the ransom. Recent version uses HOWTODECRYPTFILES.html and it contains following information:
All files are encrypted!
To decrypt the files, you need to purchase special software «CryptON decryptor»
Restore the data, follow the instructions!
You can learn more / request e-mail:
You can learn more/questions in the chat:
https://cryptxf3zamy5kfz.tor2web.link (not need Tor)
https://cryptxf3zamy5kfz.onion.plus (not need Tor)
http://cryptxf3zamy5kfz.onion/ (need Tor)
You can learn more problem out bitmessage:
- If the resource is unavailable for a long time to install and use the terms of reference of the browser:
1. + Start the Internet browser
2. + Type or copy the address https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html in the address bar of your browser and press key ENTER
3. + On the website you will be prompted to download the Tor browser, download and install it. To work.
4. + Connection, click "connect" (using English version)
5. + After connecting, open a normal window Tor-browser
6. + Type or copy the address http://cryptxf3zamy5kfz.onion/ in the address bar of Tor-browser and press key ENTER
7. + Wait for the download site
// + If you have any problems with installation or usage, please visit the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOgh3ABju6Q
Your personal identification ID:-
Other possible filenames for ransom notes files are: COMO_ABRIR_ARQUIVOS.txt, ###DECRYPT-MY-FILES###.txt, HOW_OPEN_FILES.html, DECRYPT MY FILE.txt. In this article we collected, consolidated and structured availabble information about this malware and possible ways of decryption. Use instructions on this page to remove CryptON Ransomware and decrypt .firstname.lastname@example.org, _x3m or _locked files from Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7.
How CryptON Ransomware infected your PC
Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, using email spam and malicious attachments, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged and infected installers. After infection and encryption, Scarab deletes shadow copies of files, system restore points, disables the Windows Boot Fix, using certain command prompt commands. Virus assigns certain ID with the victims, that is used to name those files and supposedly to send decryption key. In order to prevent infection with this type of threats in future we recommend you to use SpyHunter and BitDefender Anti-Ransomware.
Download CryptON Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove CryptON Ransomware completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of CryptON Ransomware.
How to remove CryptON Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove CryptON Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
CryptON Ransomware files:
CryptON Ransomware registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"crypton" = "%AppData%\Crypton.exe"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crypton\"mail" = "
How to decrypt and restore .email@example.com, _x3m or _locked files
Use automated decryptors
Download CryptON Decryptor
Use following tool from Emsisoft called Decryptor for CryptON, that can decrypt .id-_locked
.id-_locked_by_krec, .id-_locked_by_perfect, .id-_x3m, .id-_r9oj, .firstname.lastname@example.org, .email@example.com_, .firstname.lastname@example.org_, .email@example.com_, .id-_CarlosBoltehero@india.com_, .firstname.lastname@example.org_ files. Download it here:
Download Cry9 Decryptor
Use following tool from Emsisoft called Decryptor for Cry9, that can decrypt .-juccy[a]protonmail.ch, .id-, .id-_[email@example.com].xj5v2, .id-_r9oj, .id-_x3m, .id-_[firstname.lastname@example.org]_[email@example.com].x3m, “.”, .-sofia_lobster[a]protonmail.ch and ._[wqfhdgpdelcgww4g.onion.to].r2vy6 files. Download it here:
Download Cry128 Decryptor
Use following tool from Emsisoft called Decryptor for Cry128, that can decrypt .fgb45ft3pqamyji7.onion.to._, .id_
There is no purpose to pay the ransom, because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
If you are infected with CryptON Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Pro to restore .firstname.lastname@example.org, _x3m or _locked files
- Download Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery Pro.
- Select location to scan for lost files and click Scan button.
- Wait until Quick and Deep scans finish.
- Preview found files and restore them.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there is other dates in the list choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses like CryptON Ransomware in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use Bitdefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
Regardless of success of protection against ransomware threats, you can save your files using simple online backup. Cloud services are quite fast and cheap nowadays. There is more sense using online backup, than creating physical drives, that can get infected and encrypted when connected to PC or get damaged from dropping or hitting. Windows 10 and 8/8.1 users can find pre-installed OneDrive backup solution from Microsoft. It is actually one of the best backup services on the market, and has reasonable pricing plans. Users of earlier versions can get acquainted with it here. Make sure to backup and sync most important files and folders in OneDrive.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is SpamFighter. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.