What is BoBrowser
BoBrowser by ClaraLabs is potentially unwanted program. It is chromium-based browser that replaces Chrome as default browser on your computer. It has pre-installed adware inside and default search engine and homepage isearch.bobrowser.com. It can also set such webpage as default in Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. After installation of BoBrowser adware you will randomly see “Ads by BoBrowser” or “Brought by BoBrowser” banners on pages that you usually visit. Use instructions below to get rid of BoBrowser or use BoBrowser Removal Tool.
How BoBrowser infected your PC
Download BoBrowser Removal Tool
To remove BoBrowser completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of BoBrowser and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove BoBrowser manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full BoBrowser removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of BoBrowser installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove BoBrowser from Control Panel
To start removing BoBrowser you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use CleanMyPC to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove BoBrowser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find BoBrowser.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove BoBrowser from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find BoBrowser and click Uninstall.
Remove BoBrowser from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find BoBrowser, click Uninstall.
Cannot uninstall BoBrowser
In some cases BoBrowser won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall BoBrowser. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing BoBrowser folder and files. This happens, because process bobrowser.exe or service bobrowserSvc does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall BoBrowser in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove BoBrowser
Remove following files and folders
Reset browsers settings (homepage, default search)
BoBrowser installs along with search engine that hijacks your browsers. Usually it is isearch.bobrowser.com. Here is instruction to reset your browsers homepage, newtab and search engine to default values.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Scroll down and find Show advanced settings link.
- Click on it and scroll down to the bottom again.
- Click Reset browser settings button and click Reset to confirm.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste)
- Click Reset Firefox… button.
- Click Reset Firefox to confirm.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
- Start Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu choose Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab.
- Click Reset button.
- Choose Delete personal settings and click Reset.
Be careful surfing the internet and downloading software, as programs like BoBrowser may become a real headache as they are hard to remove and break your privacy. To keep safe from such threats we recommend you always use antivirus and one of antimalware programs available on the market. One of the best antispyware and antimalware programs is SpyHunter 5. It can protect your PC from threats like BoBrowser.