What is 0xc000007b error
Error 0xc000007b is a common Windows 10 issue that can be seen when trying to launch some applications. It has been found that it usually pop-ups after installing new patches or feature updates. The range of affected apps may vary from typical games to in-built software. The issue, therefore, prevents users from entering say a game by showing a message like this “The application was unable to start correctly”. This error may be pointing on various reasons such as missing or corrupted fragments like .NET framework 3.5 or Visual C++ Redistributable that are indispensable for running most of the programs. Some users work around the error by simply rebooting their PCs. Unfortunately, this method does not always solve the problem, especially if you do not want to constantly restart your computer after encountering the problem. This is why we will show you a broader instruction on how to fix this error in the article below:
Download Windows Repair Utility
There are special repair utilities for Windows, that can solve problems related to registry corruption, file system malfunction, Windows drivers instability. We recommend you to use Advanced System Repair Pro to fix 0xc000007b error in Windows 10.
1. Install fresh Windows updates
Windows updates are not flawless and still contain lots of bugs that can inflict different system processes. Not excluded that the recent update currently installed on your system include 0xc000007b error. Thus, checking and installing new bug-fixing updates may potentially solve the problem. To do this, follow the guide below. P.S. If new updates are not available, you can wait till they appear or skip over to the next steps.
- Left-click on the Start Menu button in the bottom left corner of the screen and choose Settings. Or use Windows + I combination.
- Then select Update & Security.
- On the left panel choose Windows Update.
- Now click on the Check for Updates button.
- Wait till Windows scans for the updates and install them if found.
- After finished, restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
2. Open apps with “Run as administrator”
If you experience problems with a specific application, then you can try to run it with administrative privileges. It does not take much time and can be done by following the steps below:
- Find the limited app (shortcut on desktop) and right-click on it.
- Then in the opened menu choose Run as administrator and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Hopefully, you will be able to launch the app.
3. Reset Windows Store apps.
This option can be applied solely for Windows Store apps, such as Microsoft Edge, Skype, and other pre-installed software. Here is how to reset an app:
- Click on the Start Menu button and choose Apps & Features.
- Find the broken app and left-click on it.
- Then choose Advanced options and click on the Reset button.
- Finally, you have reset the application and check whether it resolved the issue.
4. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package
Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is highly-important at running most of the apps. The absence or malfunction of it may result in these kinds of errors. Hence installing or reinstalling this piece might be able to rectify the problem. You can do this by downloading it from the official Microsoft website. The ongoing instructions will be presented right there.
5. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Likewise Visual C++, .NET Framework 3.5 also plays a significant role in building and sustaining applications. It usually goes along the entire Windows installation, however, in some cases, people may lack it or have a malfunction of some sort. Thereby, it is worth reinstalling it by downloading the up-to-date client from the official Microsoft website.
6. Check the disk for errors
Depending on where the affected program is located, you can try scanning your disk for potential issues that can cause the 0xc000007b error:
- Open Computer or This PC.
- Right-click on disk C, for example, and choose Properties.
- Select the Tools section and click on Check.
- Thereafter Windows will scan the disk for any glitches and eliminate them as a result.
- In the end, restart your computer and try to open the affected application again.
7. Check the disk for errors via Command prompt
Generally, it is just a more sophisticated version of the previous step. You just scan your disk through the Command prompt, instead. And this is how:
- Find Command Prompt by typing
cmdinto the searching tab next to the Start Menu button.
- Right-click on it and choose Run as administrator option.
- In the opened window, type this command
c: /f /r(if needed to scan some other disk, you should change the first letter to the name of the required partition. For example,
d: /f /r. Then click Enter.
- Once scan and fixes finished, restart your PC and see if anything changes.
These are the steps that have been perfect at fixing error 0xc000007b lately. If you want to fix your system automatically, you can try downloading utilities that are capable of solving these types of problems. I personally recommend installing Advanced Repair Tool that was mentioned above already to save time on manual work.