What is Geforce Experience error code 0x0003
There has been a lot of complaints by people unable to enter Geforce Experience, a utility developed by Nvidia to improve gaming capacity. After trying to launch, users get faced with a message stating “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. Error Code: 0x0003”. If rebooting your system does not work out eventually, more likely there are broader reasons causing this problem. Error code 0x0003 can be related to corrupted/bugged drivers, disabled or misconfigured Nvidia services, network issues, and so forth. To find out which one of these has triggered the error, let’s try each step-by-step solution presented below.
Update videocard drivers with IOBit
Drivers are key to the proper configuration of your system. They are the ones providing a stable connection between hardware and your operating machine. Updating a number of drivers manually may take a lot of time resulting in a monotonous rehearsal of steps. Here you can download the best driver update utility, which will deal with this task on its own – Driver Booster from IObit:
1. Enable Nvidia Telemetry Container to interact with desktop
The first and efficient method to use in solving this issue is allowing the Nvidia service to interact with your desktop. Initially, it should be enabled by default, however, there are some cases when people have to interfere themselves. Besides that, it is also important that all of Nvidia’s services run correctly. To check this and enable the previously-mentioned setting, do this list of steps:
- Press Windows key + R at the same time, type
services.msc, and click OK.
- You will see a list of services in front of your eyes. Scroll down the list and find a service named Nvidia Telemetry Container.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Then navigate to the Log On menu and make sure the Allow service to interact with desktop option is on.
- Click Apply and close the window.
- Then go back to the list of all services. Find and choose Start by right-clicking on each of these Nvidia services:
- This will make sure all of them are working as should.
Nvidia Display Service
Nvidia Local System Container
Nvidia Network Service Container
Finally, you can try to open the Geforce Experience again. If the issue continues its presence, move forward to other solutions below.
2. Reinstall Nvidia drivers and Geforce Experience
Nvidia drivers and Geforce Experience are usually correlated with each other. If something is wrong with either of them, especially drivers, more likely there will be a problem using some services. This is why running clear installation of newer versions can potentially solve the problem. To do this, implement these instructions:
- Type and open Control Panel in the searching bar next to Start Menu.
- Select Programs and Features.
- You will see a list of all programs installed on your system.
- Locate all items published by Nvidia Corporation. Right-click on each of them and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your PC to finish the uninstall process.
After doing all of these steps and wiping all Nvidia components from your system, you should download and install them again.
Note: There is a chance that Windows will identify and start installing the lacking drivers straight after the reboot. Even if it does, the Geforce Experience still has to be installed by yourself.
- Now you should visit the official Nvidia Geforce Experience page and click on Download.
- Install it and try to use the utility again.
If Windows does not install drivers as mentioned above, or even if it does, it is still worth downloading the driver pack directly from the Nvidia website. Do the following:
- Open this page and select your graphics card series.
- Download the latest driver and execute the installation (make sure to download the right 64 or 32-bit version to avoid compatibility issues). If you have Nvidia drivers installed already, the setup wizard will delete them and replace them with the downloaded version. It will also offer to choose the installation of GeForce Experience at some point of the setup.
- As soon as the installation gets to a close, restart your computer and try to open the Geforce Experience again.
3. Reset your Network Adapter
Geforce Experience needs a proper internet connection to work correctly. If there is something restricting the required access to link Geforce Experience with online services, the error is possible to occur. To fix this, let’s try resetting network adapters back to default settings. You can do it using manual steps, but it is better to use Command Prompt for faster results. Here’s how:
- Open Command Prompt by typing
cmdinto the searching box next to the Start Menu button.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator. Confirm all the messages if prompted.
- Then, copy and paste this command
netsh winsock reset. Click Enter and wait until Windows finishes the reset.
- Once done, close the console, restart your PC, and try to launch Geforce Experience once again.
4. Create a new local account
The final method on our list is creating a new Windows account. Sometimes it may work out, so make sure you give it a try using the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start Menu button and choose Settings. You can also do a Windows key + I combination.
- Go to Accounts > Family & Other users.
- On the right pane, scroll down to the Other users section and click Add someone else to this PC.
- Now choose I don’t have this person’s sign-in information below.
- Select Add a user without a Microsoft account at the bottom.
- Then enter the username and password for the new user and click Next.
- Now, you can switch to a new account by clicking on the user icon in Start Menu.
After doing so, you should try to install the Nvidia drivers and Geforce Experience once again.
Note that new accounts do not contain data you used previously, so make sure you move your files over to it. After this, you can delete your original account and try to see if the issue is fixed.
We hope you have finally reached the point to say goodbye to the Geforce Experience error. For most users, the first and second solutions are the simplest and most effective in rectifying the issue. It turns out that most of the problems appear due to malfunctioned software, lack of components, or configuration settings. Geforce Experience is an extremely useful addition to Nvidia services helping users to tune their gaming up to a new level, which is why it is important to have it working without errors that some users stumble upon.