What is iPhone pink/purple screen of death
Recently, users owning iPhone 13 Pro Max started reporting a new problem. At any point of usage, the screen may go pink for a couple of seconds, and restart the device immediately. Some experts elaborate saying the glitch starts prompting its presence after an iOS update delivered to iPhone 13 Pro MAX. Although the majority of cases were related to experiencing problems with this iPhone specifically, not excluded that some similar issues could have a glimpse in other models as well. Unfortunately, the problem is now less likely to be resolved forever. You can try some methods we listed below, but they are less likely to give you a long-term solution. Since iPhone 13 Pro MAX is new and fits in the frame of at least a 1-year warranty, it would be more reasonable to visit the Apple center where your smartphone was purchased and ask them for help or even device replacement. As of now, you can try the solutions in our tutorial below.
Download repair tool
Sometimes resolving the errors is out of our control and possibilities. This is where third-party tools are more than welcome to contribute and carry all the difficulties away. If you are facing a crash to pink/purple screen or similar issues, but fail to benefit from any of the manual steps below, try using iMyFone Fixppo – a great recovery tool designed for resolving errors like that. Get to know how one can use it to address the errors and restore or update an IOS device successfully on their website.
1. Force-restart your device
This method is for users whose iPhone is stuck on the pink (purple) screen and does not want to reload itself. In general, force-restart involves a set of press-button combinations to circumvent various glitches not letting your iPhone boot up. You can use them to restart your device whenever you feel it is stuck.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side button (which you use to unlock your screen) until you see the Apple logo.
2. Update your iPhone
The pink/purple screen issue may be resolved with new-coming IOS updates. Depending on when you are reading this guide, we recommend you check the availability of new updates and install them if any. Once your device is reloaded, do the following steps:
- Open Settings and navigate to General.
- From there, find and open Software Update.
- If any new updates are pending, you will be able to click on Download and Install.
3. Make sure you have free memory on your iPhone
Some forums suspect that overloaded memory storage could be a reason for various glitches. Thus, we advise you to take a quick look at how much free memory is left. Ideally, it should be at least 2 GB to make sure it is not the actual problem that forces the error.
- Go to Settings and navigate to General.
- Then find and choose [Device] Storage.
If there is barely any free memory left, delete unnecessary files to liberate the storage a bit and see if your iPhone turns pink or purple again.
4. Factory-reset your device
The last thing you can attempt to fix the pink/purple screen issue is to perform a full device reset. This action will erase everything stored on a device and roll it back to the default settings hopefully fixing the above-mentioned glitch. Although we doubt the capacity of this method to work, it is still worth trying if nothing above helped you resolve the issue. We would also recommend you make a backup of important files to avoid losing them. This is how you can reset your device to factory settings.
- Go to Settings and General.
- At the bottom, find and open a section called Reset as we already did.
- Then, tap Erase All Content and Settings.
- Choose Erase Now, enter your passcode, and tap Erase Now as many time as prompted. You will also have to enter your AppleID so to confirm it is actually you trying to reset it.
- The process will take some time so wait until it is done and completely reset. Your device may reboot a couple of times.
If your issue is related to performing a factory reset, use the third-party software we attached at the top of our tutorial. iMyFone Fixppo is a truly useful utility that helps users get around many IOS issues. It helps repair various glitches and perform factory resets when manual steps do not pay off. Scroll up above and learn how to use its capabilities.
Unfortunately, this is everything we can provide you for now. If you are a victim of a pink/purple iPhone 13 Pro MAX screen, it is by far better to visit the store you bought your iPhone from, demonstrate the issue, and ask them for the help of direct replacement depending on what kind of warranty you have.