What is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA is a common Windows issue that is typically addressed to RAM disruptions. It has been dominant on all Windows versions like 10/8.1/8 and 7. The error unfolds as a Blue Screen of Death after a system crash. The popping-up error means that the PC failed to request a page of memory which therefore hindered Windows from running correctly. Thereafter, Windows will start automatically collecting the data and fixing the issue which will, therefore, result in a reboot. Unfortunately, the automatic repairing process does not always appear successful. Instead, sometimes people cannot log into the system because the Blue screen keeps endlessly appearing while attempting to launch the PC. “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” error is often related to memory configuration hiccups or corrupted hardware prospects. However, since this type of problem has been existing and targetting most of the Windows users for a long time, we have gathered a set of most effective and testified tools that will help you eliminate this problem in the article below.
Download Windows Repair Utility
There are special repair utilities for Windows, that can solve problems related to registry corruption, file system malfunction, Windows drivers instability. We recommend you to use Advanced System Repair Pro to fix “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” error in Windows 10.
1. Check a disk for corruption
Local disks errors may be one of the most acute reasons for all problems popping up along regular usage. Luckily, Windows provides an in-built ability to check the disks for available errors and momentarily fix them. This is how you can do this:
- Find Command Prompt by typing
cmdinto the searching tab. Then right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- In the black console, you should paste the
chkdsk /f /r C:command and press Enter. If necessary, replace “C” with the letter of your hard drive.
- The system will scan for both configuration and physical errors and automatically repair them.
More likely the issue has been rectified. If not, follow the underneath methods to get rid of the problem.
2. Rollback to the previous configuration
If you started facing the “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” error suddenly after new system updates or inadvertent manipulations that led to this issue, then you can try to return to the previous settings that used to run without malfunctions. Using the “Last Good Configuration” option is offered only on Windows 7. To do so, we are going to use Windows Advanced Options that are guided below:
- Shut down your computer completely.
- Then, turn on your computer and press and hold F8 (or F2 if F8 does not work) immediately after you see the black screen in the early beginning of bootup.
- After that, you should see the appeared Windows Advanced Options menu.
- In the menu, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to locate Last Known Good Configuration and then hit Enter.
Alternatively, if you cannot normally boot up your computer because the error always persists, then you can launch it in safe mode with default settings and try to run the necessary solutions:
For Windows 10 users:
- Completely turn off your PC. Then hit the power button and click on F11 several times until you see the Windows Recovery Environment.
- Then navigate to Troubleshoot & Advanced options and choose the Start-up Settings option.
- After that, click restart. Windows will then reboot and appear with a list of options.
- Among the list, choose Enable Safe Mode by using the number keys.
For Windows 7/8/8.1 users:
- Alike we did previously, while rebooting your PC, hold the F8 or F2 button to enter the Windows Advanced Options. If you are using Windows 8, you should try to hold F8 with Shift. Note that this may require a few attempts.
- Then choose the Safe Mode option and click Enter.
After doing so, you will be able to enter the system with a standard configuration. Then you can run a disk scan through the Command Prompt likewise we did previously.
3. Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
The “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” error may be provoked due to RAM malfunction. This does not necessarily mean that you should rush into buying and replacing the storage. Instead, you should first try to scan your RAM for integrities and let Windows resolve them. The underneath instructions are available and identical for all Windows versions:
mdschedinto the searching bar next to the Start Menu.
- After opening, you will see a new tab that presents two options.
- Depending on which one you choose, Windows will scan your RAM for errors and instantly restore them.
Finally, you can identify whether the error disappeared and no longer occurs.
4. Update drivers
Out-dated or malfunctioned drivers are also considered to be the common reasons for non-page area meltdowns. This is why you should try checking your drivers for new updates and install them as a sequence.
You can update them either manually or by using the IObit Driver Booster utility that will automatically find obsolete or lacked drivers and replace them.
To run an update manually, follow the manual guide listed below:
- Left-click on the Start Menu button and choose Device Manager.
- If you do not know which driver is causing the problem, then you should update them one-by-one. Right-click on them and choose Update driver. Sometimes malfunctioned drivers are marked with a yellow rectangle.
- Let Windows search for new drivers and download them by following the on-screen instructions.
Restart your computer and see if anything has changed after updating. If not, go to the next method below.
4. Disable Automatic Paging
If none of the previous methods eliminated the problem, then turning off automatic paging can be a salvager in rectifying the “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA” error. And this is how to do this:
- Whatever Windows version you use, go to My Computer and right-click it on the empty space.
- Then select Properties and go to Advanced System Settings.
- Navigate to Performance settings and select the Advanced tab.
- In the opened window, select Change and then uncheck the option for Automatically Manage Paging File Size for All Drives.
- Ultimately, click OK to save the settings and reboot your computer. Hopefully, the issue will be negated.
As you can see, the “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” error can be easily resolved by following the abovementioned solutions. In other cases, you should deconstruct your computer and check the hard drive for physical injuries. If you are not sure whether RAM or hard drive is corrupted, you should definitely ask professionals for additional help in order to not damage the devices yourself.
Como caralhos eu entro no cmd se o meu windows não inicia porque ele tá com a porra da tela azul?
Добрый день ошибка также но уже не входит полностью в систему только загрузка ноутбук lenovo
Доброго времени суток, возникла ошибка
Page fault in nonpged area, стало известно, что эта ошибка из за vgk.sus. как мне убрать не?