What is Xbox Game Bar error 0x803F8001
Xbox Game Bar is a great utility allowing users to monitor resources of GPU, CPU, RAM, and many other features like sound change. Fast access to main functions and keeping track of your PC is always a good thing to have, especially with Xbox Game Bar being officially free in Microsoft Store. It is indeed a very useful program alleviating gaming and overall usage. Unfortunately, the community has raised a discussion concerning the 0x803F8001 error, which prevents users from managing the app correctly. The issue is usually followed by a message saying “Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Store and try again. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001”. The problem started occurring after a server-side change made on November 5. It is also known that this problem covers users with Windows 10 version 1809 or fresher. For now, the main solution is up to the Microsoft team, however, as they have not dealt with this error just yet, we will suggest a couple of steps capable of solving the issue, at least temporarily.
Download Windows Repair Tool
There are special repair utilities for Windows, that can solve problems related to registry corruption, file system malfunction, Windows drivers instability. We recommend you to use Advanced System Repair Pro to fix the “Xbox Game Bar 0x803F8001” error in Windows 10.
1. Try disabling Xbox Game Bar
The most popular way of solving the problem is turning off Xbox Game Bar and Microsoft Store notifications. This fits those who do not use Xbox Game Bar but receive annoying messages about the problem. To get it done, follow the steps below:
- Right-click on Start in the left bottom corner and select Settings. You can also click Windows key + I together.
- Then, select Gaming and Xbox Game Bar on the left pane.
- Now you can switch off the app by clicking on the blue toggle.
Here is how you can disable Microsoft Store notifications.
- Perform the first step from the above to open Settings.
- Choose System and navigate to Notifications & actions.
- On the right panel, scroll down the list until you find Microsoft Store and switch off the notifications.
2. Delete or reinstall Xbox Game Bar
Depending on whether you need it or not, you can delete Xbox Game Bar completely or try to install it again to delay the issue. For this, we will need to launch Windows PowerShell. Here is how you can do this:
powershellin the search bar, right-click on it, and choose Run as administrator.
- Once opened, copy and paste this command:
- Press Enter to launch removal and wait until it is finished.
- After this, restart your PC. For those not willing to use Xbox Game Bar, the process is done. If you want to continue using this utility, you have to install it from the Microsoft Store by yourself.
- Simply open Microsoft Store and search for Xbox Game Bar.
- Install it by clicking on the Get button.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage
Basically, there is no way to rectify the 0x803F8001 error completely. It is necessary for developers to step in and resolve the bugs causing the problem. Some things are merely independent of us. This is why there is nothing left, but waiting for the hotfix update to be out by the Microsoft department. You can track and get new information related to the error on this page https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status.