What is Alpha Shoppers
Alpha Shoppers is browser ad-supported add-on, that installs in Google Chrome. After infiltration malware takes control over homepage and search engine settings in this browser. Adware redirects user queries to alphashoppers.co search powered by infospace.com. Search results by Alpha Shoppers may contain sponsored results and extra ads. Additionally, this unwanted application displays ads and coupons on shopping sites in form of drop-down windows, pop-ups, banners. Ads are signed as “Ads by Alpha Shoppers”, “Brought to you by Alpha Shoppers”, “Powered by Alpha Shoppers” or “Ads powered by Alpha Shoppers”. In order to remove Alpha Shoppers and get rid of ads in browsers follow instructions below.
How Alpha Shoppers infected your PC
Alpha Shoppers extension is bundled with freeware applications. Usually, installation offers are hidden under installer options or inside vague wording of licence agreements. The only way to avoid installation of potentially unwanted programs like Alpha Shopper is to be attentive, when installing third-party software. Standard antivirus programs are not able to detect or remove Alpha Shoppers, and it is recommended to use SpyHunter or MalwareBytes Anti-Malware for this purpose.
Download Alpha Shoppers Removal Tool for Windows
To remove Alpha Shoppers from Windows completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter from EnigmaSoftware Group LLC. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Alpha Shoppers and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Alpha Shoppers manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Alpha Shoppers removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Alpha Shoppers installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Note: Alpha Shoppers can be installed as Google Chrome extension as Administrator (you may see Installed by enterprise policy inscription near it), and this will not allow removal. Therefore, before starting removal process, perform these actions:
- Start the Command Prompt by clicking the Start menu button and typing command prompt (or just searching for “command prompt” in Windows 10 search field). Right click on the Command Prompt result and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type in and execute the following commands:
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"
rd /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"
Remove Alpha Shoppers from Control Panel
To start removing Alpha Shoppers you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use Revo Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Alpha Shoppers from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Alpha Shoppers.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Alpha Shoppers from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Alpha Shoppers and click Uninstall.
Remove Alpha Shoppers from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Alpha Shoppers, click Uninstall.
Remove Alpha Shoppers from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Alpha Shoppers from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Alpha Shoppers in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Alpha Shoppers in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Alpha Shoppers
In some cases Alpha Shoppers won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Alpha Shoppers. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Alpha Shoppers folder and files. This happens, because some process or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 4 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Alpha Shoppers in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Alpha Shoppers
Remove Alpha Shoppers add-on from your browsers
Removing Alpha Shoppers from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Alpha Shoppers extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Alpha Shoppers extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Alpha Shoppers extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Alpha Shoppers from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Alpha Shoppers, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Alpha Shoppers.
Generally, Alpha Shoppers does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Alpha Shoppers extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Alpha Shoppers files:
Alpha Shoppers folders:
C:\Program Files\Alpha Shoppers\
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Alpha Shoppers
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Alpha Shoppers. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.