What is AnarchyGrabber
Update 25 May 2020: Malefactors released new version of the malware called AnarchyGrabber3 (AnarchyGrabber 3.0). The updated version was modified and now can disable two-factor authentication (2FA) in the Discord account, steal passwords stored in the system, and spread other viruses via private messages in Discord.
Discovered by MalwareHunterTeam, AnarchyGrabber is a type of virus designed for Discord users. It is meant to alter the index.js file inside of the Discord directory (
module.exports = require('./core.asar');. Everything else is from a trojan. To get rid of the malware, uninstall Discord, then check for the
%AppData%\Roaming\discord directory (if it exists, delete it), and then reinstall the client. If this does not help, read the full guide below. Thus, when users log in to their Discord account, extortionists receive access to your contacts, account, servers, messages, and other discord-based content. Oftentimes, it is hard to detect AnarchyGrabber since it hides its activity behind Discord files which get ignored by anti-malware software. If you are unable to remove it manually, we will aid you in doing so below.
How AnarchyGrabber infected your computer
- Download AnarchyGrabber Removal Tool
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to remove AnarchyGrabber
- Use Autoruns to remove AnarchyGrabber
- Files, folders and registry keys of AnarchyGrabber
- Other aliases of AnarchyGrabber
- How to protect from threats, like AnarchyGrabber
Download Removal Tool
To remove AnarchyGrabber completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter. It can help you remove files, folders, and registry keys of AnarchyGrabber and provides active protection from viruses, trojans, backdoors. The trial version of SpyHunter offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download Alternative Removal Tool
To remove AnarchyGrabber completely, we recommend you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of AnarchyGrabber and several millions of other malware, like viruses, trojans, backdoors.
Remove AnarchyGrabber manually
Manual removal of AnarchyGrabber by inexperienced users may become a difficult task because it does not create entries in Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, does not install browser extensions, and uses random file names. However, there are pre-installed instruments in the Windows system, that allow you to detect and remove malware without using third-party applications. One of them is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It comes with Windows Update in Windows 11, 10, 8. 8.1. For older operating system you can download it here: 64-bit version | 32-bit version.
Remove AnarchyGrabber using Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
mrtin the search box near Start Menu.
- Run mrt clicking on found item.
- Click Next button.
- Choose one of the scan modes Quick scan, Full scan, Customize scan (Full scan recommended).
- Click Next button.
- Click on View detailed results of the scan link to view the scan details.
- Click Finish button.
Remove AnarchyGrabber using Autoruns
AnarchyGrabber is often set up to run at Windows startup as an Autorun entry or Scheduled task.
- Download Autoruns using this link.
- Extract the archive and run Autoruns.exe file.
- In Options menu make sure there are checkboxes near Hide Empty Locations, Hide Microsoft Entries, and Hide Windows Entries.
- Search for suspicious entries with weird names or running from locations like:
- Right-click on suspicious entry and choose Delete. This will prevent the threat to run at startup.
- Switch to Scheduled Tasks tab and do the same.
- To remove files themselves, click on suspicious entries and choose Jump to Entry…. Remove files or registry keys found.
Remove files, folder and registry keys of AnarchyGrabber
AnarchyGrabber files and folders
AnarchyGrabber registry keys
Aliases of AnarchyGrabber
How to protect from threats, like AnarchyGrabber, in future
Standard Windows protection or any decent third-party antivirus (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky) should be able to detect and remove AnarchyGrabber. However, if you got infected with AnarchyGrabber with existing and updated security software, you may consider changing it. To feel safe and protect your PC from AnarchyGrabber on all levels (browser, e-mail attachments, Word or Excel scripts, file system) we recommend a leading provider of internet security solutions – BitDefender. Its solutions both for home and business users proved to be one of the most advanced and effective. Choose and get your BitDefender protection via the button below: