What is Avaddon Ransomware
Avaddon is a ransomware-type infection discovered by GrujaRS. It strengthens its encryption with AES and RSA algorithms so that regular users could not unlock their data. Affected files will be altered with the .avdn extension that is assigned at the end. For example, a file like 1.mp4 will experience an immediate change after encryption to 1.mp4.avdn. This change makes the file inaccessible and requires paying a ransom to decrypt it. Instructions on how to do so are presented in an HTML file ([random_numbers]-readme.html) that is generated after the encryption process is complete.
Your network has been infected by Avaddon
All your documents, photos, databases and other important files have been encrypted and you are not able to decrypt it by yourself. But don't worry, we can help you to restore all your files!
The only way to restore your files is to buy our special software - Avaddon General Decryptor. Only we can give you this software and only we can restore your files!
You can get more information on our page, which is located in a Tor hidden network.
How to get to our page
Download Tor browser - hxxps://www.torproject.org/
Install Tor browser
Open link in Tor browser - avaddonbotrxmuyl.onion
Follow the instructions on this page
DO NOT TRY TO RECOVER FILES YOURSELF!
DO NOT MODIFY ENCRYPTED FILES!
OTHERWISE, YOU MAY LOSE ALL YOUR FILES FOREVER!
Extortionists claim that the only way to restore your files is to buy their software called “Avaddon General Decryptor” via the Tor browser. Everything you need to do is copy the attached link into the Tor browser and proceed with the payment (0.05346968 BTC = 500$). Also, it is stated that if you do not pay for the software within 7 and a half days, the price will be doubled. Either way, we recommend you against following swindler’s prompts, especially when you have such a big amount on the line. The better decision would be deleting Avaddon Ransomware and try to decrypt your data with some utilities.
How Avaddon Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Avaddon Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .avdn files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Avaddon Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Avaddon Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Avaddon Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Avaddon Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Avaddon Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Avaddon Ransomware files:
Avaddon Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .avdn files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .avdn files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .avdn files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Avaddon Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .avdn files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Avaddon Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Avaddon Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.