What is BitPyLock Ransomware
BitPyLock was discovered by MalwareHunterTeam and therefore categorized as ransomware. The penetration of this kind of malware leads to instant encryption to all of the files stored on your computer. BitPyLock primarily attacks photos, videos, databases and office projects which appear to be most valuable for regular users. The program uses strong military-grade encryption algorithm, RSA-4096 to be exact, thereafter changing each file extension to .bitpy. For example, 1.mp4 will be transformed into 1.mp4.bitpy which makes it impossible to open any of those. There are also other forms of this ransomware that exploit data with .domain_name or .andradegalvao extensions. BitPyLock Ransomware makes everything possible to restrict you from manual recovery by deleting backup files from the system as well. By the end of encryption, it creates an HTML note with ransom payment details. The ransom note is usually called # HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES #.html and contains the following text:
All your files are encrypted!
All your files, including, but not limited to:
Photos, videos, databases and office projects have been encrypted
- using strong military grade encryption algorithms AES-256 and RSA-2048.
Recovery tools and other software will not help you!
Don't find your backups? because they have been successfully encrypted too or securly wiped!
The only way to recover your files, are to meet our demands.
1. Create a Bitcoin wallet (we recommend you to create on Blockchain.com)
2. Register on LocalBitcoins.com (or any other Bitcoin exchange), then buy 0.8 Bitcoin (BTC).
3. Send Bitcoins to our wallet below (in case sensitive. Make sure you copy past it):
[redacted] 4. Send Bitcoin Transaction ID to our e-mail address along with your "Private ID" below of this page:
5. You will receive the tools needed to decrypt all of your files immediately!
Note: Before payment you can contact with us for 1 free small file as decryption test!
Be warned, we won't be able to recover your files if you start fiddling with them!
You have 72 hours (3 days) from this moment to send us payment, or you files will be lost in eternity!
Cybercriminals demand to pay about 6000$ in BTC to get your files back. Before doing so, you can also send them one file and they will decrypt it to prove their integrity. Unfortunately, trusting extortionists is quite risky because there is no guarantee that they will give your files back. Moreover, 6000$ is too much to be required from plain people who do not have a penny in the wallet. On the contrary, you can follow the instructions below on removing ransomware to evade further encryptions.
- Download BitPyLock Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .bitpy, .domain_name or .andradegalvao files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like BitPyLock Ransomware
How BitPyLock Ransomware infected your computer
Download Removal Tool
To remove BitPyLock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of BitPyLock Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove BitPyLock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of BitPyLock Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
BitPyLock Ransomware files:
# HELP_TO_DECRYPT_YOUR_FILES #.html
BitPyLock Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .bitpy, .domain_name or .andradegalvao files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .bitpy, .domain_name or .andradegalvao files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom, because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .bitpy, .domain_name or .andradegalvao files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with BitPyLock Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .bitpy, .domain_name or .andradegalvao files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like BitPyLock Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. BitPyLock Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.