What is Cinema Plus
Cinema Plus by BrightCircle Investments Limited is malicious software for Windows classified as adware and browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari. Cinema Plus is advertised as plugin to enhance user online experience while watching videos online. But in reality it creates “Ads by Cinema Plus” or “Powered by Cinema Plus” banners and pop-ups in browser windows. This advertisements can display coupons, deals, discounts. They can also offer to download additional software. Here is complete removal guide for Cinema Plus.
How Cinema Plus infected your PC
Free downloads and free software installers may contain adware or PUP like Cinema Plus. They can use tricky texts, hide the real goal of this installation. Sometimes, companies develop small utilities just to earn on spreading adware. Users need to be careful, attentive and cautious when downloading and installing new programs. The process of installation usually contains several steps and options. There can be option to choose “Custom” and adjust what to include in installation. You can also use SpyHunter 5 as a protective shield. SpyHunter 5 can successfully remove Cinema Plus adware and all its aliases.
Download Cinema Plus Removal Tool
To remove Cinema Plus completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Cinema Plus and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Cinema Plus manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Cinema Plus removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Cinema Plus installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Cinema Plus from Control Panel
To start removing Cinema Plus you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Other aliases of Cinema Plus adware, check those names in programs list:
Remove Cinema Plus from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Cinema Plus.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Cinema Plus from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Cinema Plus and click Uninstall.
Remove Cinema Plus from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Cinema Plus, click Uninstall.
Remove Cinema Plus from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Cinema Plus from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Cinema Plus in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Cinema Plus in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Cinema Plus
In some cases Cinema Plus won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Cinema Plus. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Cinema Plus folder and files. This happens, because file utils.exe or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Cinema Plus in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Cinema Plus
Remove Cinema Plus add-on from your browsers
Removing Cinema Plus from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Cinema Plus extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Cinema Plus extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Cinema Plus extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Cinema Plus from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Cinema Plus, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Cinema Plus.
Generally, Cinema Plus does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Cinema Plus extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Cinema Plus files:
Cinema Plus folders:
C:\Program Files\Cinema Plus\
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Cinema Plus
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Cinema Plus. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.