What is DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware
DeezNuts Crypter is a type of virus usually categorized as ransomware. It uses the .deeznuts-crypter extension to rename successfully encrypted data. For instance, a file named
1.pdf will change to
1.deeznuts-crypter.pdf becoming no longer accessible. While this is incredibly rare for ransomware attacks, files affected by DeezNuts Crypter can be in fact decrypted for free. Cybercriminals demand literally zero Bitcoin to buy a special decryption key. The key is already publicly known and it is 123. Victims have to simply enter these digits into the pop-up window that opens automatically after users’ data ends up encrypted.
Your files has been safely deez nutted
[Buy Bitcoins] [Decrypt Files] The only way you can deezcover your files is to buy a decryption key
The payment method is: Bitcoins. The price is: $0 = 0 Bitcoins
Click on the 'Buy decryption key' button.
It is worth noting that the possibility to unlock files for free may change at any unforeseen time in the future. The current version of DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware may be a pilot project to test how it works before spreading a truly devastating variant. In addition, DeezNuts Crypter also opens a Pastebin webpage comprised of Rick Astley’s song “Never Gonna Give You Up”. As a general rule of thumb, most ransomware attacks demand their victims to pay real money in order to reaccess the data. Unless paid, users are less likely to decrypt their data for free, even with the help of popular third-party tools. It can be possible only if ransomware has unresolved flaws or bugs which can be exploited to hack the assigned ciphers. In all other cases, strongly encrypted may remain encrypted forever or restored only via previously created backup copies. Keep in mind that after successfully decrypting the DeezNuts Crypter data it is important to make sure no infection operates in the system. You can follow our guide below to remove it correctly with the help of special utilities. In addition, we also decided to attach some of the most reputable decryption software used in circumventing encryption of more dangerous ransomware attacks.
How DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware infected your computer
- Download DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .deeznuts-crypter files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware files:
DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .deeznuts-crypter files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .deeznuts-crypter files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .deeznuts-crypter files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .deeznuts-crypter files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. DeezNuts Crypter Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.