What is Dharma Ransomware
Dharma is a ransomware family considered to be the biggest developer of ransomware infections. Lots of versions have been found attacking users with data encryption and ransom-demand messages. However, one of the recent versions spotted being active around is known as yoAD Ransomware. Alike similar viruses of this type, it assigns the new .yoAD extension with random ID and cybercriminals’ e-mail to each piece of data stored on a compromised PC. For example, the original file like
1.mp4 will get a look of
1.mp4.id-C279F237.[email@example.com].yoAD, or similarly. Such changes make your files are no longer accessible as any attempts to initiate them will be denied. Then, once this process gets to a close, the virus steps in with the creation of text instructions. They are presented in the FILES ENCRYPTED.txt document right on your desktop.
YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED
Don't worry,you can return all your files!
If you want to restore them, follow this link:email firstname.lastname@example.org YOUR ID -
If you have not been answered via the link within 12 hours, write to us by e-mail:email@example.com
Do not rename encrypted files.
Do not try to decrypt your data using third party software, it may cause permanent data loss.
Decryption of your files with the help of third parties may cause increased price (they add their fee to our) or you can become a victim of a scam.
all your data has been locked us
You want to return?
write email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
As extortionists claim, the only way to restore your data is by contacting them via e-mail. Then, they will supposedly give you a crypto-wallet to send money in Bitcoin. After this, you will be given the necessary tools to restore your data. Unfortunately, this method does not fit everybody because amounts asked by cybercriminals can be astronomically high and not easy to pay. Another possible turn of events is being eventually fooled even after paying the required fee. Thus, our advice is to delete yoAD Ransomware from your computer and try to restore data using some third-party tools below. Also, if you have an external backup of encrypted files, you can restore them using this option as well.
How Dharma Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Dharma-yoAD Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .yoAD files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Dharma-yoAD Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Dharma-yoAD Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Dharma-yoAD Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Dharma-yoAD Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Dharma-yoAD Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Dharma-yoAD Ransomware files:
Dharma-yoAD Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .yoAD files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .yoAD files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .yoAD files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Dharma-yoAD Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .yoAD files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Dharma-yoAD Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Dharma-yoAD Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.