What is Encrp Ransomware
Encrp is another drastic infection that encrypts personal data and demands victims to pay a ransom. It was discovered by Jirehlov Solace who therefore categorized it as ransomware. During the study, it turned out that Encrp infects stored data assigning the .encrp extension. This means that after encryption, you will see all files look like this
1.mp4.encrp. This is not the end of the process yet, users are then presented with a text note (__READ_ME_TO_RECOVER_YOUR_FILES.txt) which contains information upon decryption.
Hello, your files were encrypted and are currently unusable.
The only way to recover your files is decrypting them with a key that only we have.
In order for us to send you the key and the application to decrypt your files, you will have to make a transfer of Bitcoins
to an electronic wallet. We leave you here the data to make the bitcoins transfer.
Bitcoin wallet: 398sW5eMDvyr93CJHKRD3eYE9vK5ELVrHP
Transfer the amount of bitcoins equivalent to 200 USD.
Your computer ID is: -
Once you make the transfer of bitcoins, send us the transfer ID and your computer ID to our email: email@example.com
When we verify the transfer we will send you your key and the decryption application.
It is said that victims should send approximately 200$ in BTC to the account of cybercriminals. Then, the final step is to send an e-mail message including transfer and computer IDs. If everything works out, you will be given the necessary tools to decrypt files. In other cases, there is a chance that swindlers decide to ignore their promises and leave you nothing, but disappointment. Encrp Ransomware uses special algorithms to prevent manual decryption. However, you can delete it and recover the lost files from backup drives. If there were none of them created prior to the infection, you can try to apply the underneath tools to decrypt your data, instead.
How Encrp Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Encrp Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .encrp files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Encrp Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Encrp Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner from RCS LT. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Encrp Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Encrp Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Encrp Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Encrp Ransomware files:
Encrp Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .encrp files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .encrp files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .encrp files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Encrp Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .encrp files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Encrp Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Encrp Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.