What is Epsilon Stealer
Epsilon Stealer is a type of malware designed to steal sensitive information from infected computers. It targets data from browsers, gaming-related applications, and cryptocurrency wallets, among other sources. This malware is sold via platforms like Telegram and Discord, and its distribution methods depend on the cybercriminals using it. Epsilon Stealer has been observed being spread through campaigns targeting video game players. The presence of malware like Epsilon on devices can lead to severe privacy issues, financial losses, and identity theft. Therefore, it’s crucial to remove such threats immediately upon detection. Remember, the best defense against malware is prevention. Be cautious when downloading files or clicking on links, especially those received from unknown sources. Regularly update your software and operating system to patch any security vulnerabilities, and always maintain a reliable security program on your computer.
How Epsilon Stealer infected your system
Epsilon Stealer is often spread through social engineering tactics, tricking users into installing the malware. For instance, it has been used to target gamers on Discord by disguising itself as a game or game update. In one notable case, a fan expansion for the popular indie strategy game “Slay the Spire” was breached to push the Epsilon information stealer malware using the game’s update system. Once installed, the malware runs in the background, stealing the user’s passwords, credit card details, and authentication cookies. It can also target files with “password” in their filenames and other credentials in Telegram and the local Windows login.
- Download Epsilon Stealer Removal Tool
- Use Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to remove Epsilon Stealer
- Use Autoruns to remove Epsilon Stealer
- Files, folders and registry keys of Epsilon Stealer
- Other aliases of Epsilon Stealer
- How to protect from threats, like Epsilon Stealer
Download Removal Tool
To remove Epsilon Stealer completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter. It can help you remove files, folders, and registry keys of Epsilon Stealer and provides active protection from viruses, trojans, backdoors. The trial version of SpyHunter offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Epsilon Stealer completely, we recommend you to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Epsilon Stealer and several millions of other malware, like viruses, trojans, backdoors.
Remove Epsilon Stealer manually
Manual removal of Epsilon Stealer by inexperienced users may become a difficult task because it does not create entries in Add/Remove Programs under Control Panel, does not install browser extensions, and uses random file names. However, there are pre-installed instruments in the Windows system, that allow you to detect and remove malware without using third-party applications. One of them is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. It comes with Windows Update in Windows 11, 10, 8. 8.1. For older operating system you can download it here: 64-bit version | 32-bit version.
Remove Epsilon Stealer using Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
mrtin the search box near Start Menu.
- Run mrt clicking on found item.
- Click Next button.
- Choose one of the scan modes Quick scan, Full scan, Customize scan (Full scan recommended).
- Click Next button.
- Click on View detailed results of the scan link to view the scan details.
- Click Finish button.
Remove Epsilon Stealer using Autoruns
Epsilon Stealer often sets up to run at Windows startup as an Autorun entry or Scheduled task.
- Download Autoruns using this link.
- Extract the archive and run Autoruns.exe file.
- In Options menu make sure there are checkboxes near Hide Empty Locations, Hide Microsoft Entries, and Hide Windows Entries.
- Search for suspicious entries with weird names or running from locations like:
- Right-click on suspicious entry and choose Delete. This will prevent the threat to run at startup.
- Switch to Scheduled Tasks tab and do the same.
- To remove files themselves, click on suspicious entries and choose Jump to Entry…. Remove files or registry keys found.
Remove files, folder and registry keys of Epsilon Stealer
Epsilon Stealer files and folders
Epsilon Stealer registry keys
Aliases of Epsilon Stealer
How to protect from threats, like Epsilon Stealer, in future
Standard Windows protection or any decent third-party antivirus (Norton, Avast, Kaspersky) should be able to detect and remove Epsilon Stealer. However, if you got infected with Epsilon Stealer with existing and updated security software, you may consider changing it. To feel safe and protect your PC from Epsilon Stealer on all levels (browser, e-mail attachments, Word or Excel scripts, file system) we recommend a leading provider of internet security solutions – BitDefender. Its solutions both for home and business users proved to be one of the most advanced and effective. Choose and get your BitDefender protection via the button below: