Get a fast solution to remove Keylock Ransomware and get technical assistance with decryption of .keylock files. Download an effective removal tool and perform a full scan of your PC.
What is Keylock Ransomware
Keylock Ransomware is a type of malicious software that encrypts files on a victim’s computer and appends a .keylock extension to the filenames. For example, a file originally named
1.jpg would appear as
1.jpg.keylock after encryption. Once the encryption process is completed, Keylock creates a ransom-demanding message titled README-id-[username].txt (filename varies based on the username). The ransom note provides instructions on how to pay the ransom, usually in Bitcoin, to obtain the decryption key and regain access to the encrypted files. Keylock ransomware uses AES encryption, a symmetric encryption algorithm, to encrypt files quickly. The ransom note warns against renaming, modifying, or deleting the encrypted files, attempting manual decryption, or using third-party recovery software or antivirus tools, as these actions may result in permanent data loss.
######## YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED ######
Your files have been encrypted with strong encryption algorithms and modified and now have the '.keylock' extension!
The file structure was not damaged. Don't worry your unique encryption key is stored securely on our server and your data can be decrypted quickly and securely.
We guarantee that you can recover all of your data easily.
We are give you full instruction. And help you untill decryption process is fully finished.
We can prove that we can decrypt all of your data. Please just send us 3 not important, small(~2mb) encrypted files, which are randomly stored on your server. Also attach your README-id.txt left by us in every folder.
We will decrypt these files and send them to you as a proof. Please note that files for free test decryption should not contain valuable information.
If you will not start a dialogue with us in 72 hours we will be forced to publish your files in the public domain. Your customers and partners will be informed about the data leak.
This way, your reputation will be ruined. If you will not react, we will be forced to sell the most important information such as databases and personal data to interested parties to generate some profit.
Its just a business.
We absolutely do not care about you and your deals, except getting benefits.
If we do not do our work and liabilities - nobody will cooperate with us. Its not in our interests.
If you wish to decrypt your files you will need to pay in Bitcoins.
If you want to resolve this situation, attach in letter this file README-id.txt and write to ALL of these 2 email addresses:
You can also message us on Telegram: hxxps://t.me/key_chain
* We recommend you contact us directly to avoid overpaying agents. You data encrypted and only WE ARE have decryption key. To decrypt your data you need just 1 hour, after payment, no more than.
* We asking to send your message to ALL of our 2 email adresses and Telegram, because for various reasons, your email may not be delivered.
* Our message may be recognized as spam, so be sure to check the spam folder.
* If we do not respond to you within 24 hours, write to us from another email address.
* Please don't waste the time, it will result only additinal damage to your company.
* Please do not rename and try to decrypt the files yourself. We will not be able to help you if files will be modified.
* If you will try to use any third party software for restoring your data or antivirus solutions, please make a backup for all encrypted files.
* If you delete any encrypted files from the current computer, you may not be able to decrypt them.
As of now, there is no free decryptor available for Keylock Ransomware. It is not recommended to pay the ransom, as there is no guarantee that the attackers will provide the decryption key or that the decryption process will be successful. Instead, it is advised to remove the ransomware from the infected system and attempt to recover files from backups if available. To prevent future ransomware infections, it is essential to keep software up to date, employ a reputable antivirus program, and maintain regular backups of important data. Additionally, users should be cautious when downloading and installing software, especially from unverified sources, and be aware of phishing attempts and unsolicited emails.
How Keylock Ransomware infects computer
Keylock ransomware is typically spread through phishing emails containing malicious attachments or drive-by downloading, which occurs when a user unknowingly visits an infected website, and malware is downloaded and installed without the user’s knowledge.
- Download Keylock Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .keylock files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like Keylock Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove Keylock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Keylock Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Keylock Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Keylock Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Keylock Ransomware files:
Keylock Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .keylock files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .keylock files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .keylock files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Keylock Ransomware and removed from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .keylock files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Keylock Ransomware , in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Keylock Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.