What is Mac Clean Pro
Mac Clean Pro is rogue application for Mac OS, promoted as effective system optimization and cleanup utility. Although, it performs a scan and finds some, probably, unnecessary files – it is impossible to verify whether those files will be removed as it demands $49.95 for removal. If user won’t buy the licence, Mac Clean Pro will bombard the desktop with alerts and messages in the right-bottom corner, saying your Mac needs optimization or heavily infected. Such statements are false, as our team tested application on brand new MacBook Pro and Mac Clean Pro still detects numerous perfomance issues. Either found problems are non-existent or hugely exaggerated, which puts Mac Clean Pro in the category of potentially unwanted apps (PUA or PUP). We recommend our readers to remove Mac Clean Pro using instructions and tools given on this page.
How Mac Clean Pro infected your Mac
Mac Clean Pro uses aggressive methods for distribution, which brought attention of security companies to its activity. Program is offered on special landing pages on phishing websites. Such websites pretend to perform “online scan” directly in browser and come out with the solution to download programs like Mac Clean Pro. This is well-known delusive distribution method. Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac to remove Mac Clean Pro and protect your computer.
Download Mac Clean Pro Removal Tool for Mac
To remove Mac Clean Pro completely we recommend you to use CleanMyMacX. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of Mac Clean Pro and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Mac Clean Pro completely we recommend you to use Combo Cleaner. It can help you remove files, folders and registry keys of Mac Clean Pro and uninstall hijackers, toolbars and unwanted add-ons from Safari browser. Trial version of Combo Cleaner offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Download AdGuard for Mac to block malicious pop-ups, that promote Mac Clean Pro
AdGuard is the best ad-blocker, internet filtering and internet security application for MacOS. It can cut out unwanted banners from site pages, block pop-ups, stop redirects and prevent users from visiting potentially dangerous resources. Use it to stop ads promoting Mac Clean Pro in browsers.
Remove Mac Clean Pro manually for free
Note: Mac Clean Pro sets up to start on Mac OS startup. Therefore, before starting removal, perform these steps:
- Open System Preferences, choose Users & Groups.
- Choose your account (set up as Current User).
- Click Login Items tab.
- Find “Mac Clean Pro” entry. Select it, and click the “-“ (minus) button to remove it.
Note 2: Mac Clean Pro won’t quit just by closing it, therefor use Force Quit to end the process.
- Press 3 buttons at the same time: Option, Command, and Esc (Escape). This is similar to Control-Alt-Delete on a Windows PC.
- Choose Mac Clean Pro in the list.
- Click Force Quit button.
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Mac Clean Pro removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Mac Clean Pro installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Mac Clean Pro from Applications
Remove Mac Clean Pro from Mac:
- In the Finder sidebar, click Applications.
- Mac Clean Pro might have an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall Mac Clean Pro or Mac Clean Pro Uninstaller, double-click it and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Otherwise, drag Mac Clean Pro from the Applications folder to the Trash (located at the end of the Dock).
- Then choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Cannot uninstall Mac Clean Pro
If you can’t uninstall Mac Clean Pro using instructions above, or it keeps coming back, you can use free AppCleaner for Mac to remove all residual data and libraries of Mac Clean Pro. Follow instructions below:
- Download free AppCleaner.
- Drag Mac Clean Pro from Applications folder to AppCleaner window.
- Choose files and folders you want to remove along with Mac Clean Pro.
- Click Delete button.
Remove Mac Clean Pro add-on from your browsers
Removing Mac Clean Pro from Applications often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Mac Clean Pro extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Safari on your Mac, click Safari to open drop-down menu and choose Preferences
- Click Extensions tab.
- Find Mac Clean Pro extension.
- Click Uninstall button to remove it.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Mac Clean Pro extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Mac Clean Pro extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Remove following files and folders of Mac Clean Pro
How to protect Mac OSX from adware like Mac Clean Pro
Mac OSX is known to be one of the safest operating systems, and for a long time there was no need in antivirus products for Mac. But with growing popularity of Mac computers and notebooks and evolving technology, viruses, trojans, adware, toolbars, hijackers and other malware paved the way to Mac users. We recommend you to use most advanced antivirus for Mac available – BitDefender Antivirus.