Get a fast solution to remove Mlap Ransomware and get technical assistance with decryption of .mlap files. Download an effective removal tool and perform a full scan of your PC.
What is Mlap Ransomware
Mlap Ransomware is a malicious software that encrypts data on a victim’s computer, rendering it inaccessible. It is a member of the Djvu ransomware family, which is known for its robust encryption methods and aggressive ransom demands. The Mlap ransomware specifically appends the .mlap extension to the filenames of the files it encrypts, transforming, for example,
1.jpg.mlap. It uses the Salsa20 encryption algorithm, which is a robust ciphering algorithm typical for all other STOP/Djvu ransomware family members. This encryption algorithm generates a 78-digit number of possible decryption keys, making it nearly impossible to brute force the decryption. After completing the encryption process, Mlap ransomware drops a ransom note named _readme.txt on the victim’s desktop. This note contains two email addresses (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) and offers victims the opportunity to obtain decryption software and key for a price set at $980.
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
Decrypting .mlap files is a complex process due to the robust encryption algorithm used by Mlap ransomware. As mentioned earlier, Emsisoft’s STOP/Djvu decryptor can potentially decrypt files encrypted by older versions of the ransomware. However, for newer versions, decryption may not be possible without the specific decryption key held by the cybercriminals. It’s important to note that paying the ransom is not recommended, as there’s no guarantee that the cybercriminals will provide a working decryption key. Instead, victims should remove the ransomware from their system using a reliable antivirus program and restore their files from a backup if available. If a backup is not available, victims can try using a professional data recovery utility like Stellar Data Recovery Professional, although success is not guaranteed.
How Mlap Ransomware infects computers
Mlap ransomware, like other ransomware, can infect computers through various methods. The most common ways include:
- Phishing Emails: These are deceptive emails that contain malicious attachments or links. When a user clicks on these links or opens these attachments, the ransomware is downloaded and installed on their system.
- Malvertising: This involves injecting malicious code into legitimate websites or ads. When a user visits an infected site or clicks on an infected ad, the ransomware is downloaded and installed on their system.
- Exploiting Vulnerabilities: Hackers can also exploit known security flaws in an operating system or installed software to inject the ransomware.
- Fileless Attacks: These attacks do not result in an executable file being written to the disk. Instead, they use pre-installed operating system tools to perform tasks without requiring a malicious file to be run on the compromised system.
- Network Propagation: Some ransomware variants have self-propagating mechanisms that allow for lateral movement to other devices connected to the network.
- Download Mlap Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .mlap files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Mlap Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Mlap Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Mlap Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Mlap Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Mlap Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Mlap Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Mlap Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Mlap Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Mlap Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Mlap Ransomware manually
Kill Mlap Ransomware Process
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open the Windows Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab and look for any suspicious processes related to Mlap Ransomware.
- Right-click on the malicious process and select Open file location. This step is necessary to remove executable file after this.
- Right-click on the malicious process and select End Task or End Process option.
Disable Mlap Ransomware Start-up Entry
- Press Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
msconfigand press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for any suspicious entries related to Mlap Ransomware.
- Uncheck the box next to the malicious entry and click OK to disable it.
Delete Mlap Ransomware Task
- Press Win + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
taskschd.mscand press Enter to open the Task Scheduler.
- Look for any tasks related to Mlap Ransomware in the Task Scheduler Library.
- Right-click on the malicious task and select Delete or Disable option.
Remove Mlap Ransomware Executable Files
- Open folder that was opened on the third step of the first instruction Kill Mlap Ransomware Process.
- Find Mlap Ransomware executable file.
- Right-click on the malicious executable file and select Delete to remove it.
- To be able to do this you will need to modify permissions fo this file in the instruction below.
Disable inheritance for executable files
- Right-click on the affected folder and click Properties.
- Click the Security tab and then click the Advanced button.
- In the Advanced Security Settings window, click the Disable inheritance button.
- Choose Convert inherited permissions into explicit permissions on this object to remove inherited permissions.
- Now you will be able to delete the file.
It is not recommended to remove Mlap Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Mlap Ransomware files:
Mlap Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .mlap files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.mlap variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .mlap files, encrypted by Mlap Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .mlap files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Mlap Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .mlap files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .mlap
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Mlap Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use G-DATA STOP/Djvu vaccine
G DATA has released a vaccine to block STOP/DJVU ransomware from encrypting victims’ files after infection. The vaccine prevents the ransomware from encrypting files anymore, but it does not prevent the infection itself. The vaccine is available on GitHub. Download it below:
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Mlap Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.