What is Money Viking
Money Viking by Yontoo Technology Inc is browser add-on for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It is advertised as helpful shopping assistant, that will display saving opportunities in form of discounts and coupons on shopping sites. However, in fact Money Viking starts generating irrelevant ads on every site promoting low quality goods and services. Besides it installs without user permission and users don’t even guess what is the source of ads they see in browsers. Money Viking tracks user activity and inspects browser history to display ads that may interest user in particular moment. This application is a threat to your privacy and we recommend you to remove Money Viking as soon as possible. We prepared this easy guide to assist you in removal.
How Money Viking infected your PC
Adware like Money Viking gets on your PC via bundled downloads. Many free programs available on the internet (media players and converters, various small popular utilities) contain unwanted programs in their installers. They offer users to install this or that program as recommendation. Even some famous and popular utilities use this method to spread applications many user won’t like to have. To protect yourself from this you need to be very attentive when installing any program on your computer. Some antimalware programs can effectively detect and remove such threats. For example, SpyHunter 5 can remove Money Viking and create additional shield of computer defense.
Download Money Viking Removal Tool
To remove Money Viking completely we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of Money Viking and several millions of other adware, hijackers, toolbars.
Remove Money Viking manually for free
Here is manual step-by-step tutorial for full Money Viking removal from your computer. This works 99% and was checked with the latest versions of Money Viking installer on operating systems with latest updates and browser versions.
Remove Money Viking from Control Panel
To start removing Money Viking you should remove it using Control Panel. It should uninstall correctly, however, we recommend you to use IObit Uninstaller Pro to clean leftover items after uninstalling. Here are instructions for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Remove Money Viking from Windows XP:
- Click on Start button.
- Choose Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Find Money Viking.
- Click Uninstall.
Remove Money Viking from Windows 7:
- Click Start button.
- Then go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program.
- Find Money Viking and click Uninstall.
Remove Money Viking from Windows 8:
- Hover mouse pointer to the bottom-right corner to see Menu.
- Click Search.
- After that click Apps.
- Then Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a Program under Programs.
- Find Money Viking, click Uninstall.
Remove Money Viking from Windows 10:
There are 2 ways to uninstall Money Viking from Windows 10
- Click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Settings.
- Click on the System tile.
- Click Apps & features and locate Money Viking in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button near it.
Way two (classic)
- Right-click on the Start button.
- In opened menu choose Programs and Features.
- Locate Money Viking in the list.
- Click on it and then click Uninstall button above.
Cannot uninstall Money Viking
In some cases Money Viking won’t uninstall and gives you message that “You do not have sufficient access to uninstall Money Viking. Please, contact your system administrator” when you try to remove it from Control Panel or “Access denied” error when removing Money Viking folder and files. This happens, because some file or service does not allow you to do it. In this case I will recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 or Malwarebytes AntiMalware or uninstall Money Viking in Safe Mode. To boot in Safe Mode do the following:
- Reboot your computer.
- While it starts booting type F8 button.
- This will open Advanced Boot Options menu.
- Choose Safe Mode and wait until Windows loads.
- Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and remove Money Viking
Remove Money Viking add-on from your browsers
Removing Money Viking from Control Panel often does not bring desired effect. It is browser extension and it may still be active in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Here are instructions on how to remove Money Viking extension from your browsers manually.
- Start Google Chrome browser
- In address box type (or copy-paste) chrome://extensions/.
- Find Money Viking extension.
- Click the trash can icon to remove it.
- Start Mozilla Firefox browser.
- In address box type (or copy-paste) about:addons.
- Choose Money Viking extension.
- Click Disable or Remove button.
Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
Note: There is no feature to remove browser extensions from browser in latest version of Internet Explorer. To remove Money Viking from Internet Explorer, please, perform instructions for uninstalling program from Control Panel. To disable Money Viking, please, do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click on gear/asterisk icon in the top-right corner.
- In opened menu Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Disable Money Viking.
Generally, Money Viking does not install in Opera browser however you can always double check. Do the following:
- Start Opera browser.
- Go to Tools > Extensions > Manage Extensions.
- Find Money Viking or Money Viking 2.0 extension.
- Click Uninstall button.
Remove following files and folders
Money Viking files:
Money Viking folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Money Viking
C:\Program Files\Money Viking
Alternative way to remove adware browser extension Money Viking
For safe and effective browser extension removal use avast! Browser Cleanup utility. Run it with administrator privileges and remove all extensions with bad rating including Money Viking. You can also reset your browser settings for each of your browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.