What is Mzop Ransomware
Mzop Ransomware runs encryption of data (with RSA 2048 + Salsa20 algorithms), renames filenames with the .mzop extension, and demands money for its return. These traits make it categorized as a ransomware infection. It is also part of a very popular and dangerous ransomware family called STOP/Djvu which is responsible for hundreds of devastating infections. Once Mzop installs onto a system, users will lose access to files they used to open prior to the infection. This is how an infected file will look after successful encryption – from healthy
1.pdf to encrypted
1.pdf.mzop. As soon as the process is done, Mzop unveils ransom instructions inside of text note (_readme.txt). Developers use the same template they did with other ransomware variants originating from the STOP/Djvu family.
Don't worry, you can return all your files!
All your files like pictures, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key.
The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you.
This software will decrypt all your encrypted files.
What guarantees you have?
You can send one of your encrypted file from your PC and we decrypt it for free.
But we can decrypt only 1 file for free. File must not contain valuable information.
You can get and look video overview decrypt tool:
Price of private key and decrypt software is $980.
Discount 50% available if you contact us first 72 hours, that's price for you is $490.
Please note that you'll never restore your data without payment.
Check your e-mail "Spam" or "Junk" folder if you don't get answer more than 6 hours.
To get this software you need write on our e-mail:
Reserve e-mail address to contact us:
Your personal ID:
It is stated that victims should spend their money on special decryption software held by cybercriminals. The price to be paid is $980, though, it can be cut down to $490 if victims decide to pay within the first 72 hours upon getting infected. To prove malware developers can be trusted, they offer the so-called guarantee, which implies users are allowed to send 1 file (not important) and get it decrypted for free. All the communication related to paying and other details should be established by writing a message to one of the attached e-mail addresses (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). Unfortunately, getting in touch with swindlers and meeting their requests is not the safest way to recover your data. Many cyber crooks were spotted to fool their victims by not sending any decryption tools after the ransom was paid. Data affected by many ransomware infections including v cannot be decrypted without cybercriminals unless there are serious flaws or bugs that open a window for third-party tools to step in and help. You can also decrypt your data only if ransomware failed to connect to its server in time and used offline keys to restrict data eventually. All offline keys are IDs, ending with
t1 characters at the end. Information about what keys have been used can be found inside a text file named PersonalID.txt which is created by the virus as well. In case there are no keys ending with t1, this means they are stored online and can be decrypted only partially or cannot be decrypted at all. Additionally, Mzop Ransomware is known to block popular security websites by modifying Windows HOSTS. while trying to open them in a browser, victims may fail and stumble over the
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error code. The virus can also bring two trojan infections (Azorult or Vidar) which are meant to steal personal information from the victim’s PC. Based on these facts, it is mandatory to remove Mzop Ransomware from your system and avoid having business with its creators. Better restore your data using backup copies or try to use reputable third-party software to decrypt or recover the files. To learn more about removal and recovery methods, follow our tutorial below.
How Mzop Ransomware infected your computer
- Download Mzop Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .mzop files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- Restore media files with Media Repair
- How to protect from threats like Mzop Ransomware
Virus modifies “hosts” file to block Windows updates, downloading antivirus programs, and visiting sites related to security news or offering security solutions. Mzop Ransomware comes along with AZORult trojan, which was initially created to steal logins and passwords. The process of infection also looks like installing Windows updates, the malware shows a fake window, that mimics the update process.
It uses rdpclip.exe to replace a legal Windows file and to launch an attack on a computer network. After encrypting the files, the encrypter is deleted using the delself.bat command file. Mzop Ransomware virus is propagated via spam attack with malicious e-mail attachments and using manual PC hacking. Can be distributed by hacking through an unprotected RDP configuration, fraudulent downloads, exploits, web injections, fake updates, repackaged, and infected installers. The virus assigns a certain ID to the victims, which is used to name those files and supposedly to send a decryption key. Great tools to protect against Mzop Ransomware are: Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
Download Mzop Ransomware Removal Tool
To remove Mzop Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Mzop Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove Mzop Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use Norton Antivirus from Symantec. It detects and removes all files, folders, and registry keys of Mzop Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
How to remove Mzop Ransomware manually
It is not recommended to remove Mzop Ransomware manually, for safer solution use Removal Tools instead.
Mzop Ransomware files:
Mzop Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .mzop files
Use automated decryptors
Download STOP Djvu Decryptor from EmsiSoft (.mzop variations)
IMPORTANT: Read this detailed guide on using STOP Djvu Decryptor to avoid file corruption and time wasting.
STOP Djvu Decryptor is able to decrypt .mzop files, encrypted by Mzop Ransomware. This tool was developed by EmsiSoft. It works in automatic mode, but in most cases works only for files encrypted with offline keys. Download it here:
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .mzop files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analysis of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with Mzop Ransomware and removed it from your computer, you can try decrypting your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .mzop files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
Use Media Repair to decrypt media files encrypted with .mzop
- Download Media Repair tool.
- Right-click on the downloaded archive, and select Extract to Media_Repair\.
- Then double-click on the extracted .exe file to launch the utility.
- At first, you have to choose which file type you want to decrypt. You can do it from the drop-down menu in the utility.
- Next, browser the folder with encrypted or reference files. Choose any of them and click on the Test icon located in the top right corner.
- Media Repair will display a pop-up message with information on whether it can repair the selected file or not.
- After checking if it is possible or not, select your reference file and click on the icon right under the Test button we used in step #5.
- If the file pair is properly matched, you can move on and hit the Play button to start repairing. You can also stop the process anytime by clicking on the Stop button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like Mzop Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus brand ZoneAlarm by Check Point released a comprehensive tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as an additional shield to your current protection. The tool provides Zero-Day protection against ransomware and allows you to recover files. ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware is compatible with all other antiviruses, firewalls, and security software except ZoneAlarm Extreme (already shipped with ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware) or Check Point Endpoint products. The killer features of this application are: automatic file recovery, overwrite protection that instantly and automatically recovers any encrypted files, file protection that detects and blocks even unknown encryptors.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storage, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives, or remote network storage can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. Mzop Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and a simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails are the most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications and provides a very high level of anti-spam protection.