What is N2019cov Ransomware
In case you are wondering why your data is blocked and became inaccessible, then N2019cov Ransomware has penetrated your system. Being one of the file-encrypting programs, N2019cov locks unprotected data and tricks users into paying a ransom in Bitcoin. After successful encryption, all files get altered with .P4WN3D extension. For example, the original 1.mp4 will be transformed into 1.mp4.P4WN3D. Thereafter, the program will generate a ransom-demanding message inside of the 1nF0rM@t1On.txt text document that notifies users about data encryption and recovery methods.
Files Has Been Taken
pay or not pay that's the question
Send $100 en Bitcoins
My Wallet: 1HQjC2SkHuUqfbuqEA9RDjSNfNPRhyMBF9
Don't know how -> hxxps://www.blockchain.com/learning-portal/bitcoin-faq
Confirm Pay at mail: X.cryp.0.R@gmail.com , and you get the File to recover you
Extortionists ask you to transfer 100 Euro to the attached wallet and If you do not know how to do so, there is a link to the official website explaining how bitcoin operates. Once the transaction is paid, you have to send a confirmation e-mail to
X.cryp.0.R@gmail.com (or other) to retrieve the blocked data. Unfortunately, it is not guaranteed that frauds will keep their promises and give your files back. Thus, instead of paying a ransom, it is much safer to uninstall N2019cov Ransomware from your PC and attempt to retrieve files via third-parties utilities that are going to be presented in this article.
How N2019cov Ransomware infected your computer
Ransomware and other malware have been traditionally infiltrating users via e-mail spams, trojans, botnets, untrustworthy downloads, fake software cracking tools, and other suspicious channels. Fake e-mail messages categorized as spam are mostly used because cybercriminals send a batch of messages daily to cover a wide range of people. These messages often contain ostensibly legitimate information that fools you into opening the attached files. Unfortunately, these attachments are usually infected and meant to spread various infections like ransomware or trojans on your PC. Trojans are a type of virus bundled with different malware. After penetration, it instantly executes the installation of malicious programs that hijack your data and slow down your system significantly. This way, be very careful when surfing the web and do not open unknown files that are imposed by suspicious figures. If you become a victim of N2019cov Ransomware, follow the underneath guide to remove it and restore the encrypted data.
- Download N2019cov Ransomware Removal Tool
- Get decryption tool for .P4WN3D files
- Recover encrypted files with Stellar Data Recovery Professional
- Restore encrypted files with Windows Previous Versions
- Restore files with Shadow Explorer
- How to protect from threats like N2019cov Ransomware
Download Removal Tool
To remove N2019cov Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use WiperSoft AntiSpyware from WiperSoft. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of N2019cov Ransomware and prevents future infections by similar viruses.
Alternative Removal Tool
To remove N2019cov Ransomware completely, we recommend you to use SpyHunter 5 from EnigmaSoft Limited. It detects and removes all files, folders and registry keys of N2019cov Ransomware. The trial version of SpyHunter 5 offers virus scan and 1-time removal for FREE.
N2019cov Ransomware files:
N2019cov Ransomware registry keys:
How to decrypt and restore .P4WN3D files
Use automated decryptors
Download Kaspersky RakhniDecryptor
Use following tool from Kaspersky called Rakhni Decryptor, that can decrypt .P4WN3D files. Download it here:
There is no purpose to pay the ransom because there is no guarantee you will receive the key, but you will put your bank credentials at risk.
Dr.Web Rescue Pack
Famous antivirus vendor Dr. Web provides free decryption service for the owners of its products: Dr.Web Security Space or Dr.Web Enterprise Security Suite. Other users can ask for help in the decryption of .P4WN3D files by uploading samples to Dr. Web Ransomware Decryption Service. Analyzing of files will be performed free of charge and if files are decryptable, all you need to do is purchase a 2-year license of Dr.Web Security Space worth $120 or less. Otherwise, you don’t have to pay.
If you are infected with N2019cov Ransomware and removed it from your computer you can try to decrypt your files. Antivirus vendors and individuals create free decryptors for some crypto-lockers. To attempt to decrypt them manually you can do the following:
Use Stellar Data Recovery Professional to restore .P4WN3D files
- Download Stellar Data Recovery Professional.
- Click Recover Data button.
- Select type of files you want to restore and click Next button.
- Choose location where you would like to restore files from and click Scan button.
- Preview found files, choose ones you will restore and click Recover.
Using Windows Previous Versions option:
- Right-click on infected file and choose Properties.
- Select Previous Versions tab.
- Choose particular version of the file and click Copy.
- To restore the selected file and replace the existing one, click on the Restore button.
- In case there is no items in the list choose alternative method.
Using Shadow Explorer:
- Download Shadow Explorer program.
- Run it and you will see screen listing of all the drives and the dates that shadow copy was created.
- Select the drive and date that you want to restore from.
- Right-click on a folder name and select Export.
- In case there are no other dates in the list, choose alternative method.
If you are using Dropbox:
- Login to the DropBox website and go to the folder that contains encrypted files.
- Right-click on the encrypted file and select Previous Versions.
- Select the version of the file you wish to restore and click on the Restore button.
How to protect computer from viruses, like N2019cov Ransomware, in future
1. Get special anti-ransomware software
Use ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware
Famous antivirus vendor BitDefender released free tool, that will help you with active anti-ransomware protection, as additional shield to your current protection. It will not conflict with bigger security applications. If you are searching complete internet security solution consider upgrading to full version of BitDefender Internet Security 2018.
2. Back up your files
As an additional way to save your files, we recommend online backup. Local storages, such as hard drives, SSDs, flash drives or remote network storages can be instantly infected by the virus once plugged in or connected to. N2019cov Ransomware uses some techniques to exploit this. One of the best services and programs for easy automatic online backup is iDrive. It has the most profitable terms and simple interface. You can read more about iDrive cloud backup and storage here.
3. Do not open spam e-mails and protect your mailbox
Malicious attachments to spam or phishing e-mails is most popular method of ransomware distribution. Using spam filters and creating anti-spam rules is good practice. One of the world leaders in anti-spam protection is MailWasher Pro. It works with various desktop applications, and provides very high level of anti-spam protection.